Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #11 
Lisa Ann

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZubinBetta View Post
Hi Lisa Ann,
I'm sorry you lost your splendid Indigo. Sometimes there aren't good answers to why they die when they do, and sometimes even having medicines on hand is not enough--or even the wrong thing--to help them, though from this forum I have learned that it is a good idea to have aquarium salt and epsom salts on hand: The aquarium salt is a mild antibiotic that can aid in healing, and the epsom salts are for something else (time to do some forum searching!). You'll want to do some research on this site for proper dilutions. IAL, or Indian almond leaf, is also a good thing to have on hand, too: Evidently the leaves are soothing to bettas, and they also have antibiotic activity. I get my IAL at bettawan.com in Thailand; they are 50 leaves for $12 or 30 for (I think) $7. They take paypal.
I'm guessing that's Indigo in your avatar (even though he's not "indigo.") What a glorious betta! They are beautiful and loving creatures and it hurts like hell when they die. I had one live to be 3 years old, but 1.5-2years is more typical, and I've had many that lived at most a few months. You may find some solace by posting your story in the "Betta Memorials" subforum, because our sadness in losing our friends is worth sharing with others who are recently bereaved. My heart goes out to you in your loss.

No..my pictures of my fish are on my profile....my avatars is just a gorgeous picture I like ... and thank you for your sincerity :)
Lisa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote