Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #11 
waterdog

All my tanks have live plants. What do you want to know?
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #12 
tinytanker

What is the easiest plant to keep alive? I'm just afraid I'll kill it off before it has a chance to be beneficial to my betta. I'm assuming some are easier to take care of than others. Or maybe the question I should really be asking is, what plant will my betta like the most?
tinytanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #13 
SunshineSulie

My fish swims around her moss ball, she likes to lay on it when she sleeps.
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #14 
Auburn Sakura

I don't know if everyone had. But it's a good idea to get plants eventually. ^.^ I think Jack might like a fern of some-sort. One of ours has this fern that he love to swim through and lay on top of. :)
Auburn Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #15 
Auburn Sakura

So far my fern is doing okay. I'm not sure how difficult it's going to be though. Better do some more research myself. Heh. XD
Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #16 
Blue Fish

I'm not new to bettas, but I am still pretty new to plants. But, from the few I've tried, water wisteria is pretty easy care, and I've heard that duckweed will take over and you'll have more than you can possibly deal with after about five minutes. ;) So it's about as easy as you can possibly get. ;)
Check out the planted tank forum on this site, there's people on there who are very experienced with plants. :)

I have trouble getting the wisteria to stay planted, but you can let it float as well, no problem there. :)

Also, if he enjoys swimming through things, he might really appreciate some more silk plants. :) My guys love them, and I'm big on having lots of plants (silk or live or both) in tanks. :)

Cute boy! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #17 
waterdog

Amazon swords make great broad leaf plantings that bettas can lay in. Hornwart is a fantastic fast growing plant that will quickly fill your tank and use up a lot of the minerals that reduce algae growth!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #18 
tinytanker

I'll check out the planted tanks forum before I make any final decisions, but so far I'm looking into java ferns, water wisteria, and amazon swords. I really like the way the amazon swords look.

Also, I bought some brine shrimp and Omega One betta pellets for his food. I fed him a little piece of the shrimp today and he loved it! I wanted to give him some more but I know I have to feed with my head and not my heart, so I didn't.

Today I caught him swimming around his tank happily and he almost looked like he was dancing. I'm completely smitten :)
tinytanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #19 
Auburn Sakura

Sweet, I'm so happy for you! :D It sounds like he's doing great. ^.^ :)

Tags
new aquarist, questions