Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #21 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What's his big change?
I'm not sure what you are referring to? Are you referring to Charlie? If you are, he came to us severely emaciated with fin rot and a grim outlook

and this is him now
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #22 
MoonShadow

Lots has happened recently! Norbert, my lovely black copper dragon HMPK went to his forever home yesterday!!

On monday i went to petco and had it out with them, they fish were in AWFUL condition, there were at least 6 dead fish on the shelves, with quite a few more on their way out. I ended up bringing 3 home with me.

The first was an orange halfmoon with a missing tail. He's doing well and has been named Sampson!

The second was a little doubletail who is severely emaciated, and suffering from the effects of ammonia poisoning. He is slowly getting better and moving around more. He has been named Echo.

The third was a little delta tail who was suffering from severe ammonia burns and ammonia poisoning. I named him Jackson but he unfortunately didn't make it through the night.

I also took a video while I was there to show exactly how bad of shape the bettas were in!
http://youtu.be/osN4o-wK7b4

I went back to Petco yesterday to return the poor little delta and bring home a new rescue. I ended up a with little orange cambodian delta with fin rot who I have named Cheeto, and a pretty little blue veiltail female.

Cheeto

Little girl

I also snapped a couple more pictures in the store. This was a doubletail who was almost dead, I pointed him out to the (very rude) guy who was working and asked if I could adopt him since he wasn't going to make it much longer. And the said no, took the betta and walked away...

this was a king male with a huge hold in his head, you could see his bones, he was also on his way out.. poor thing.

and this was the new shipment they had just gotten in. The entire shopping cart was full of cups, all veiltail males, there were at least 100, even though the shelves were still full of bettas from the last shipment
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #23 
Corsica

I hope you are sending your documentation to PetCo HQs.
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #24 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Oh my god the poor fish with the hole in his head!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #25 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica View Post
I hope you are sending your documentation to PetCo HQs.
I sure am! Just collecting as much as possible!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #26 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
I sure am! Just collecting as much as possible!
Do you think it would help to have pictures and what not from other locations? I will be going to Petco this weekend for some new tanks. While my Petco doesn't seem to be as bad as some others I still often find sick or dead bettas on their shelves and can snap some pics if you want.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #27 
Snoeflayke

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
Do you think it would help to have pictures and what not from other locations? I will be going to Petco this weekend for some new tanks. While my Petco doesn't seem to be as bad as some others I still often find sick or dead bettas on their shelves and can snap some pics if you want.
I can too! I have one in the area that's pretty bad, and several that are good, but I can go get pics of the bad one today. I happen to know that tomorrow they change the water in the cups.
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #28 
MoonShadow

That would be wonderful guys! Thank you very much!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #29 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
That would be wonderful guys! Thank you very much!
I will message you on FB after I get the pics. Probably be easier to share them with you there. Not sure exactly when, but I will be there this weekend.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #30 
AyalaCookiejar

I would also report the rude employees. >:/ Include names if they have a name tag, date and time of the incident.

I've been doing that with the walmart here in town. The employees aren't rude but I always inquire about better betta care (mostly when the cups are stacked and they have no access to oxygen) and tell them they breathe air, don't stack the cups, etc... And they always say, "okay i'll let everyone know," and I come back the next day to see the cups stacked like that again. I seriously unstack them every time I go in there or stack them in a pyramid way.

ANYWAYS, I love this thread. The transformations are amazing! I'll keep watching it. I'm trying to get my empty tank ready for a new inhabitant but I'm kind of set on a PK and I can't get one that can't be shipped :( But it's a good thread anyways, and I enjoy reading!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote