Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #11 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

These fish are unpredictable. At any time he could turn on your girls or vice versa. And ru, you are the same person who attacked someone for their living conditions, are you not? We would all appreciate it if you would post responses to the op and not unrelated and rude posts. Thank you!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #12 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
These fish are unpredictable. At any time he could turn on your girls or vice versa. And ru, you are the same person who attacked someone for their living conditions, are you not? We would all appreciate it if you would post responses to the op and not unrelated and rude posts. Thank you!

Please don't deflect attention from your own condescending rudeness. OP was not asking for advice about males and females together. She just wanted to know what type. Please take your own advice. Thank you!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #13 
mushumouse

um, in absence of justmel, you guys might want to look at the latest two pages of the betta photo stickies for context... they are only waiting until they can buy another place to put the fish this weekend. yikes it's getting a little warm in here.
mushumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #14 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushumouse View Post
um, in absence of justmel, you guys might want to look at the latest two pages of the betta photo stickies for context... they are only waiting until they can buy another place to put the fish this weekend. yikes it's getting a little warm in here.
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #15 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushumouse View Post
lol, yep. taking the sweater off.

She never once said she was going to keep them together permanently. Since he was originally thought to be a she, it was just noted that he was awful passive with the other females.

It's just a mistake in making an assumption, that's all. It's the internet, it happens. Now... back on topic

I know females and males plakats (and apparently kings) are sometimes confused... but I do wonder if females ever have looong tails that really throw people off and make them think she is a he?

Last edited by JadeAngel; 04-10-2013 at 11:07 PM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #16 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
I do wonder if females ever have looong tails that really throw people off and make them think she is a he?
Now that you mention it, all of justmel's females look like they have long fins, longer than the male's
Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #17 
jadaBlu

I have seen some males and female where I really wondered if the store got it right. You could put his new tank directly next to them so they can still see each other or put a divider in.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #18 
justmel

First I want to thank everyone for their advice on what to do with Pan(dora). I am still learning & while I had already decided to take Pan out and break up my sorority until I have enough definite females (I've now got 2 'females' form LPSs) I do appreciate everyone opinion and advice on the matter.

Second, @ Matt & RU - RU, thank you for being concerned that I may have been offended by Matt's first reply, but I was not. I know Matt from here & while he might be a bit blunt at times he means the best.

Third - tail length. I think the difference you see in my pics is because Pan is a PK and the females are VT's. While I've never seen a females VT with a super long tail I have never seen them as short as a PK's tail either.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #19 
justmel

Question Betta imbellis

What is the chance this pair could be betta imbellis? My LPS knows less than nothing about bettas (and doesn't want to learn) and I bought both of these labeled as 'female betta'. I already know that they got 1 wrong & I have 1 male & 1 female. As explain earlier, the male spent a couple weeks in my sorority before I figured out she was a he. In that time there was NO fighting involving him. If one of the girls bugged him to much he'd flare and chase her off, but once she moved away her went right back to just sitting there. Both Pan and Bellona are very shy & gentle. I've recently moved Pan to a location with less light and he's warmed up a bit and comes to see me at feeding times instead of hiding. Bellona is nearly 3x larger than any of the other females in my sorority, but she has no problem backing down from any female that flares at her. I haven't gotten Pan to flare at another male either. I don't know what else to say about their personality, so if you have questions ask. The first pics here are Pan, the second set is Bellona.
Attached Images

justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #20 
LittleBettaFish

That's not an imbellis. Just a wild-coloured splendens. Imbellis and most wild bettas are a lot snakier looking through the body among other things.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote