Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #1 
Kaxen

Java moss on a plastic craft mesh

I've been trying to decide on more plants to put in my 5.5g because it is terribly empty (it hasn't got anything besides a broken marimo right now) and I also want to block the fish's views of each other more (haven't put the fish in yet).

It's divided with a DIY craft mesh divider. Does java moss grow on the plastic craft mesh? It might look nice to use the moss to cover up the plastic, but would that impede the water flow to have a moss wall right there?

Since I bought more craft mesh than I needed but it feels stupid to go back to the store to return 58 cents of merchandise, I'm also wondering about growing moss walls on craft mesh cut into random shapes kind of like a topiary. So I can have like a unicorn made of moss or something silly.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #2 
tekkguy

Yes, java moss will grow on it. Looks great, in my opinion.

It will seriously decrease the flow, so keep heating and filtration in mind if you decide to do that.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #3 
Blue Fish

Okay, the moss topiary sounds fantastic. If you do it, I really want to see pictures. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #4 
Kaxen

Well, I started it.

Also have a mesh heart tunnel. Addie seems to like it as is, but I will add moss to that once the moss I have grows more I suppose.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote