Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #51 
Laki

What an improvement in Echo and Sampson! And a nice cambodian boy :) Did you speak with the manager yet?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #52 
konstargirl

I'm glad that are doing well. I have a question, does Petco even know that you guys are a betta rescue?
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #53 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I'm glad that are doing well. I have a question, does Petco even know that you guys are a betta rescue?
No they currently do not, but they will when I am all done.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #54 
konstargirl

Tehee I hope they do and then you will become popular like all of the rescues that exist today. That will be awesome.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #55 
jadaBlu

Wow the one with half his tail missing that is awful! I was in a Petco and I came back three days in a row about a fish I was concerned about. Petstore staff are pretty jaded. I have managed to get Petco staff to change the water of obviously sick fish. Best of luck to you in rehabilitating them! Keep us updated.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #56 
majesticstorm

Thank you so much for rescuing the poor boys! I'm so sorry about Jackson, s.i.p little guy. At least he left in a loving environment.

It's disgusting how badly they treat bettas. Can't wait to see updates!
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #57 
SharkyTheBetta

Thank you so much for what you're doing! I hope you can change the way they are treated at the pet store. Unfortunately I tried this too after rescuing one wonderful betta and talked to the manager, but it was useless. I guess he believes I'm crazy. :( SIP little Jackson...
SharkyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #58 
justmel

My LPS keep betta in smaller containers then Petco. They just get little plastic drinking cups. You can go in and find these poor fish in half an inch of orange or even brown water. Last time I was there I even asked if I could volunteer and come in to change the bettas water. The sales person looked at me and asked me why I'd want to do that. When I tried to explain that they needed fresh water just like every other fish he looked at me like I was crazy and told me they changed the water every week and walked off. Another employee there told me that bettas lived in little mud puddles in the wild and wanted to know why I was worried about their water. It was hard to bite my tongue and not tell these people what idiots they were and if they were going to sell something they should a least a little research and know what they are talking about.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #59 
MoonShadow

I wrote a long email to petco about the care in one of their store with lots of visual evidence included. The manager of that store called me just now, he was very nice on the phone. He said they are pulling every betta off the shelf for a couple days so that they can look them*all over individually to make sure they are healthy. So we will see what happens. He also proceeded to reprimand me for video taping in the store. I said if its not allowed there should be a sign saying so but that I will happily take the video down if conditions improve like he promised they will.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #60 
Nix

You are so amazing on so many levels Moonshadow! Thank you so much for rescuing these guys and being their champion! They are lovely creatures that deserve the same kind of love and care that all pets deserve. I hate when people say things like 'they're just fish'.

You are absolutely wonderful!
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote