Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #4901 
percyfyshshelley

If I can just bust in here, I'd like opinions on this fish--male or female? thanks!

Is that an egg spot I'm seeing in the second photo?

Last edited by percyfyshshelley; 04-10-2013 at 07:41 PM.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #4902 
Chard56

Smaller Dorsal fin, BIG egg spot. Looks like a girl to me!
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #4903 
LittleBettaFish

The very first betta I bred and raised was in a particularly friendly mood yesterday so got a couple of photos of him. He's going to be two years old soon!

LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #4904 
percyfyshshelley

Yay! Thanks Chard! I'm not too good at identifying the girls yet!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #4905 
justmel

I'd say girl too & that just reenforced Pan(dora) being a boy. Very pretty girl too.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #4906 
justmel

I love you bettas LBF. I honestly wasn't to drawn to that type of betta until I saw yours. Now I wish I could get a couple!

My fiance went back to the pet store I got Pan(dora) from & since he ended up a boy I told him to see if they had more and grab me one if they did. They had 5 bettas in the same tank, so I felt it was likely I would actually get a female this time. They still had 3 and he brought me home this beauty. Took some looking, but there is definitely an egg spot on this one. The first pic doesn't show her shape well, but it shows her color best. I do have a question about her tail. There's just a little fringe there. Does that indicate she has CT genes in her somewhere? The look of the fringe looks like combtail from the pics I've seen, but I've been wrong before. Can anyone tell what she might be classified as tail wise?
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #4907 
LittleBettaFish

I wonder if she could have some CT blood in her. Definitely looks like it based on the caudal and dorsal. However, I stink at identifying tail types so am probably wrong!

Persephone were feeling particularly feisty this morning. Here's a female telling her brothers to move along.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #4908 
justmel

To cute! Yours must be a blast to watch. I can't wait to get my 29 gallon and finish setting it up so I can let my sorority girls go. I took everyone out today because it looked like play was starting to get a little rough. I watch my passive girl chase Pan around a bit and then him get mad and start nipping at everyone near him.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #4909 
LittleBettaFish

I think I have about 20 males (brothers) in there and they are all starting to hit maturity now so they have been having turf wars and flare-offs. It reminds me a bit of a sorority because there's never a lot of serious damage done.

I like watching bettas interact with their own species. It's amazing how subtle some of the communication can be between a dominant individual and a subordinate.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #4910 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I wonder if she could have some CT blood in her. Definitely looks like it based on the caudal and dorsal. However, I stink at identifying tail types so am probably wrong!
either that or she's very young...when their fins are still growing, the rays grow faster than the membranes, causing HM, VT and DeT girls to look like weak-gened crowntails.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas