Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #11 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
They make a terrific sponge filter baffle.
i just use my son's plastic linking ring toys for that. if your filter is the kind that the airline goes in through the outlet tube, the airline holds it in place just fine.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #12 
Elliriyanna
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
LOL Those links are good for SO many things ... I use them to hang hammocks
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #13 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
This is interesting... I have a blind male and I've heard of people using feeding rings to feed them but I've never tried it. It would be useful to keep the food from floating all over. I have to drop in a whole bunch for him to find some and I have to suck out the uneaten pellets.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #14 
DragonFyre14
Member
 
DragonFyre14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
I've actually been curious about these and considering it for my guppy tank. Their food spreads out and sometimes guts pushed underwater by the filter (where the gourami often gets it.... but still)
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #15 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
This is interesting... I have a blind male and I've heard of people using feeding rings to feed them but I've never tried it. It would be useful to keep the food from floating all over. I have to drop in a whole bunch for him to find some and I have to suck out the uneaten pellets.
for a blind betta i think moving food might actually help since they can sense the movement with their lateral lines.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #16 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
for a blind betta i think moving food might actually help since they can sense the movement with their lateral lines.
I honestly think that my boy has some horrible genetics. He seems to have trouble finding any food that doesn't touch his lips. He also has chronic SBD and sometimes has issues just getting around.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #17 
homegrown terror
Member
 
homegrown terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I honestly think that my boy has some horrible genetics. He seems to have trouble finding any food that doesn't touch his lips. He also has chronic SBD and sometimes has issues just getting around.
is he a dragon? i know a lot of them have issues with developing iridescent scaling over their eyes and going blind, as well as some genetic issues from excessive inbreeding.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #18 
SpookyTooth
Member
 
SpookyTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
I made feeding rings before and found them useful for Kaze (in my display picture) before he passed away of old age; his sight started going a fair while before he left us so it was very useful. I made mine out of old suction cups and airline tubing... the one thing I don't like is that I prefer natural, planted aquariums and these stick out like a sore thumb (or blue ring ).
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #19 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
is he a dragon? i know a lot of them have issues with developing iridescent scaling over their eyes and going blind, as well as some genetic issues from excessive inbreeding.
No he's not a dragon. He's a CT and I'm pretty sure his blindness was caused by horrible genetics, but I got him from a pet store.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
feeding ring? jackiekhaytin Betta Fish Care 7 08-24-2011 02:10 AM
Anyone have a nose ring? GunsABlazin The Lounge 34 08-17-2011 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.