Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Temps have Climbed to 87 degrees-If you have stick on Thermometer you should read!

I have gotten out of the habit checking my fish tanks temperature with touch to the tank digital thermometer that I have except for water changes. It's pretty warm out and I decided to check the temps and it's way up but I didn't know it because the thermometer stops at 86.

I have some of my fish in bathroom which was advantageous during cooler weather as it stays warm. The two fish that I recently rescued that don't have heaters are at 78. My heaters are not adjustable. I am thinking of unplugging them. Before I do that I have put scarves on top of the tanks and opened the door to see if I can cool it off to an acceptable temperature. My fish are acting very normal. I will be up later tonight to see how it goes.

I thought I'd warn you if you are relying on stick thermometers to give your temperature and you have not been watching it to go look if you are getting warmer temperatures. I am probably going to move my fish downstairs.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #2 
JadeAngel

I have both a stick on and submersible on 1, and a stick on in the other. But they're in the same room so the temps will be about the same.

But you make a good point on the location. I keep thinking, in the back of my head, that some day I'll convince my hubby to let me put a fish tank in the bathroom. BUT the bathroom doesn't have any cooling. So the summer could be problematic. Even the 30 gallon community tank that I dream of getting one day for the foyer... there is also no cooling there, even though it is always a bit cooler downstairs than up.

Hmmmm, that makes me seriously rethink some things. I'm glad you brought it up! :)
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

Our attic is not well venilated so it makes the hallway and bathroom really warm. This is great for potential rescue without enormous expense but not for regular tanks.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

I ended up unplugging the heater it didn't cool off. The temps in the tanks were 82 this morning. They were dropping to 80 so I got a cube heater and turned it on for 10 minutes and shut the door. Then turned it off I will keep the door shut to trap the heat in. The weather is cooler today. Until I get my 55 gallon aquarium stand this is what I will do until I move them.