Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #17131 
Sparrowhawk

I've got nothing specific to whinge about, just that too much being busy makes for a really grumpy Sparrow, and also a sniffly one. Apparently too much stress does a great number on my immune system. *grumble*
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #17132 
Xaltd1

I had yet another fish die, & my entire 29 ga. is a mucky, hellish mess, due to the Maracyn Two meds & lack of charcoal filter.
Chances are, I'll lose them all.
I'm sorry I ever bought a fish to begin with.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #17133 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I'm sorry I ever bought a fish to begin with.
NO. This is Stinkin' Thinkin'. That is the thing with sororities or any community tank. If one gets sick, chances are they're all getting sick (or already are). API sells Ammo-Carb boxes. It's fined charcoal in a box. Buy a cheap filter bag that'll fit in your filter. Least expensive way to do a carbon filter.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #17134 
carbonxxkidd

Just need to rant for a minute....

my homeowner's association has a really terrible company in charge of snow removal as of the last few months. They were doing a great job until they ILLEGALLY hired sub-contracters (based on the association's contract with them). This morning they woke me up at 5am (before sunrise) by using LEAF BLOWERS to blow not even an inch of snow off my front steps. I almost jumped out of my skin, couldn't fall back asleep for over an hour and then woke up groggy and zombie-like and am just in a bad mood overall because of it. Pretty sure that's against the cities noise ordinance...I mean really, who used LOUD MACHINERY before te sun is even up??? Not only that, but they think it's really fun to push snow halfway up into my yard and completely tear up the grass while doing it. NOT OKAY. Grrrrrr. So frustrating. I emailed my association guy about it so hopefully things change, because this is just getting ridiculous.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #17135 
Xaltd1

Carbon, they were probably breaking the law. Call the local police dept. & find out what your local ordinance says.
I had a construction crew building on a lot next to my house once. They were sawing, swearing & running generators 7 days a week. I confronted them (BAD idea- I got cursed out) so I called the police. They were violating noise restrictions & no construction on Sat. & Sun., plus there are hours that you can make obnoxious noise; I believe it's b/t 7 AM & 5 PM,otherwise THEY ARE DISTURBING THE PEACE! Report them. They're breaking the law, most probably.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #17136 
carbonxxkidd

I reported them to my association, the guy in charge of lawn and snow has to talk to them. This isn't the first time it's happened though, it's getting ridiculous. I am pretty sure here they can work sunrise-sunset. The sun came up about 6 or so, it was definitely dark when they were making all that noise! Chances are good that we won't be getting any more snow for them to plow *HOPEFULLY* but I will definitely call the police if it happens again.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #17137 
Xaltd1

I don't think the sun has anything to do with it- people need their rest in order to go to work & school. With my construction crew, I actually pulled their little advertising sign out of the ground, broke it over my knee & threw it at the foreman (who was swearing) then called the police. My issue was that we had small children withing earshot of their cussing. The foreman yelled, "This is a construction site!" to wich I responded, IN A NEIGHBORHOOD! This fixed things nicely.

Sometimes it is perfectly reasonable to "lose it"- the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I hate to think what I would have done to a guy w/ a leaf blower @ 5 AM. It's a good thing I don't own a gun, that's for sure!

Last edited by Xaltd1; 04-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #17138 
FishyFishy89

I honestly find it utterly annoying when night time has quiet hours, but people like me who work all freaking night long have next to no way to get to sleep during the day -.-
My room can turn into a pitch black hole but it sure as heck can't block out noise. I'll get lucky to get 6 hours of sleep.

And as to sleeping aids, I will not take medication, it's bad enough I'm relying on herbs to get to sleep. I'm not a still sleeper, so using headphones/music is a no go. I do use my stereo set on repeat of cello music, but I can only turn that up so high. If I put it too high, I won't get to sleep.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #17139 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I don't think the sun has anything to do with it- people need their rest in order to go to work & school. With my construction crew, I actually pulled their little advertising sign out of the ground, broke it over my knee & threw it at the foreman (who was swearing) then called the police. My issue was that we had small children withing earshot of their cussing. The foreman yelled, "This is a construction site!" to wich I responded, IN A NEIGHBORHOOD! This fixed things nicely.

Sometimes it is perfectly reasonable to "lose it"- the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I hate to think what I would have done to a guy w/ a leaf blower @ 5 AM. It's a good thing I don't own a gun, that's for sure!
Scary that last comment. Yes it is a very good thing you don't own a gun, especially with that attitude and temper.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #17140 
royal

Lol
royal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou