Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #11 
quietlythundering

At Blue Fish, I love your system! It's so organized, but no doubt it must be a real chore cleaning out all those tanks of course, the health and companionship of our fishy friends will always make our duties lighter!
At Luimeril, I like your style! lol, how does Hiccup interact with the lizard? I love his name! I've been wanting to name a betta that, but I've already decided that when I get two new fish, they're going to be named Broseiden and Brocean :3
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #12 
Luimeril

he doesn't care. :B the lizard loves watching him swim, though. :V
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #13 
Lostiethatlikesherbetta

Aqua is currently in quarintine on my book shelf in a little.5 gal.
phoenix is in a roomy 5 gallon beside me on my desk.
a have a little lamp beside him too hes my little baby. he hates homework as much as i do and never says no to an episode of "Lost". (or ten)
Lostiethatlikesherbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #14 
bniebetta

Two of my boys are in the kitchen, separated by the stove, which they are still not completely thrilled. They are actually both very.... possessive as far as people and attention go, and don't take it kindly when the other one is even looked at, but they are just going to have to deal with it because mommy says so :) My two girls are glass to glass in quarantine bowls so they can get used to each other, and those bowls will go on either side of a ten gallon that will house my two giant females, plus any other bowls when I get more females. these will all do into a sorority. We like to keep the male who isnt in the kitchen in the bedroom so we can watch him as he lounge or fall asleep.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

I've been trying to get a good enough photo of my rack to post in this thread, and luckily the sun was out this afternoon so I got one.

The only thing I hate about this rack is that the power cords and airline tubing makes it look a bit messy. Otherwise I am a rack advocate for multiple tanks. Makes my life so much easier.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #16 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlythundering View Post
At Blue Fish, I love your system! It's so organized, but no doubt it must be a real chore cleaning out all those tanks of course, the health and companionship of our fishy friends will always make our duties lighter!
At Luimeril, I like your style! lol, how does Hiccup interact with the lizard? I love his name! I've been wanting to name a betta that, but I've already decided that when I get two new fish, they're going to be named Broseiden and Brocean :3
LOL! This may be the *only* thing in my life that's organized. ;)

Cleaning them isn't so bad, since all the tanks are cycled, it takes about an hour once every two weeks to do water changes. I only have to take out 5g of water per tank, and once I've spent my five minutes of gravel vacuuming, I'm close to that already. :) I keep those 5 g jugs from the filtered water at the grocery store (I drink tap, but I bought some of the jugs just for fishies), so I've got those filled up from the bathtub and letting the dechlorinator age while I'm taking out tank water. By the time I've done two or three tanks, the water has aged for 15 mins and allowed the conditioner to work, and I dump it in, softening the flow with a colander. I don't take the fish out, so that helps quite a lot too. :) It sounds like a lot when you see it all typed out, but it's really actually pretty easy. :) The hardest part is lugging the jugs from the bathtub (because that's the biggest faucet and so fills the jugs the fastest) and dumping them into the tanks, but having the handles on the sides of the jugs makes that quite a bit easier as well. :)

And I love Broseiden and Brocean...lol!!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 AM   #17 
quietlythundering

*At Lostiethatlikesherbetta- Hates homework? My kind of betta! When I start to feel tired or I get frustrated enough to quit, Declan (who is next to Tsarina near my bed) gives me this pleading look, like he's encouraging me to keep going. He's such a sweet little guy!
*bniebetta-That's kinda why I moved Declan away from Neil's tank, kinda. Neil was getting antsy that his neighbor, Chappy, was too attentive to Dec, and had developed a habit of biting his tail :( I'm happy to report that he's much better now!
*At LittleBettaFish- Might I say that that is a most impressive set of shelves you've got there! :D Someday, I'd like to have something like that!
*Blue Fish-Wow! That's an awesome way to clean out your tanks! Since all mine are under 5 gallons, I don't have filters on them, but I do keep a strict cleaning schedule, with 100% water changes twice a week. Once everyone in in their respective temporary cups (I don't have anything bigger to keep them in during cleaning time) I drain the water out, and seep everything in a hot water bath for ten minutes. Then I drain it again, repeat, then remove everything from the tanks and wipe them down. Setting ornaments aside, I then proceed to clean the gravel out, and once that's done, I rearrange everything, fill it with water (while adding stresscoat and prime) and then place the tank back in it's original spot, plug the heater in, and let it sit and settle for 24 hours. My system isn't as sophisticated as yours, but it gets the job done, and creates a healthy environment, so it works for me! But I can't wait for my package of IAL to arrive! I've never used it before, so I hope my bettas will like it!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #18 
quietlythundering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
he doesn't care. :B the lizard loves watching him swim, though. :V
He does?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #19 
weaver72

Just be careful about putting females right next to males, I did that and My female egged up so bad she looked like she was going to pop, I had to more her in my bed room and not feed her for several days while her body absorbed the eggs! I really thought she had dropsey disease because all her scales were lifting up! I am so happy she made it thru
weaver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #20 
quietlythundering

Really? I'm glad to hear that she made a full recovery, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that!