betta fish

Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I WANT A HALFMOON SOOO BAD!!!! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #12 
veganchick

He is beautiful! Thanks for giving him some room! Can you get a shot of his whole half the tank? (I'm just curious to see how you decorate :) )
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #13 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganchick View Post
He is beautiful! Thanks for giving him some room! Can you get a shot of his whole half the tank? (I'm just curious to see how you decorate :) )
Shots of the tank will come later . It's actually really boring right now because I didn't have enough money at the time to buy all the plants I wanted, so it's a work in progress.
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #14 
Livelifelaughlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I WANT A HALFMOON SOOO BAD!!!! lol
I second this motion *hmmm maybe we could sneak into kim's house at night and steal it *
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, maybe we should! lol
Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #16 
Fishcricker

One word...... Beautiful!!!!
Fishcricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #17 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmnemms View Post
I second this motion *hmmm maybe we could sneak into kim's house at night and steal it *

Haha...he's in my bedroom like 2 ft. away from my bed, you'd never get in ! For some reason my Petco has really nice fish and they are all pretty young as well. When I went to get my girl it was so hard to resist taking these 2 beautiful halfmoons home as well! I met this woman there and she told me that the bettas at Petsmart all had longer fins, I was snickering to myself thinking...these ones are younger, healthier, and they will grow into beautiful fish, fool . I went to petsmart a few days later to pick up a medication and all their freshwater fish had ick and some sort of fin/body rot. It was terrible, and was in all the tanks. The bettas were all in blue water that looked like it hadn't been changed in a while and they were HUGE and really old looking. I wanted to rescue one so bad, but I already have some sick fish and I don't need any more right now. They were all veiltails as well, Petco has all tail types.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart has crowntails and veiltails but no halfmoons. :(
Old 02-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #19 
Kim

There was this one little peach colored one with red spots and irridescent streaks in his tail that was just giving me "the eyes." I wanted to take him so bad! I was kind of looking around his cup to see the condition of the ones in the back (a bad habit that I need to quit because I don't need any more fish right now), and he just wouldn't stop giving me that puppy dog face. It's been a week and I still want to go back and get him!

All I could see there was veiltails though, or more accurately, the vague shapes of half-dead veiltails in dirty blue water.

My dream is to one day just buy the entire shelf of bettas and bring them all home :P
Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #20 
Livelifelaughlove

Lol! maybe ill drug you or something... or sneak in when you aren't home!

Our petsmart has kinda sucky veintailes, but the petco seems to have pretty healthy fish. granted some aren't but for the most part they are.

they have had some delta tails ($7.50) and half moon ($15.00!) and they must be little b/c their tails are only about 1 1/2" long, and are about 2" in body length. I want one, but haven't "fallen in love' with one yet. they all seem to be blue and i already have a blue betta. i want a blood red one like kim's pic! or i would take the one in this thread
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote