Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #51 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittiekins View Post
Oh it took me a while to get the courage up to hold him. He was very aggressive when i got him. But at least with a tarantula if you drop him he will still be again to walk and you can later catch him, BUT if you drop a scorpion they sadly die. no matter the height. VERY sensitive animals.
But I wouldn't consider myself brave. Haha. Just weird xP I'm a desert rat. Dirt biking, quads, rangers. Camping in the desert AT LEAST once a month growing up. Growing up around these kinds of animals makes it a LOT easier to handle them!
But unlike other scorpion owners, I couldn't pick him up by the tail(I find it cruel since it can EASILY injure them) I just stick my hand in his cage and give him a scoot! Their very easy going animals.
Still don't advertise anyone to hold them though. They still have stingers, they still have venom, and their unpredictable(much like any other animal.)

thats very surprising to hear they're even more fragile than the spiders. i dont know if id be able to just offer my hand for one to crawl onto. sliding it on a page and then transfering to the hand would be easier in my case. i do believe its surgically possible to deal with the stinger but i dont think the scorpion would appreciate it.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #52 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
thats very surprising to hear they're even more fragile than the spiders. i dont know if id be able to just offer my hand for one to crawl onto. sliding it on a page and then transfering to the hand would be easier in my case. i do believe its surgically possible to deal with the stinger but i dont think the scorpion would appreciate it.
NEVER remove a scorpions stinger.
Yes its possible. Yes I've seen it.
BUT they use their stingers to eat!!! They aren't exactly the smartest animals when it comes to feeding time. In fact you usually end up using tweezers and hold it for them to see. My scorpion takes about a good hour to 2 hours to actually get a hold of his food. And to make things a little more fun, you have to watch them. Unattended crickets left in the cage can, will, and have been known to kill scorpions. This is because the scorpion has VERY soft delicate sides that the crickets will bite into. They look scare but their so delicate.
Kittiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #53 
Vier

I've got a corn snake, a ball python, and a gopher/bull snake..looove snakes! I also have a crested gecko..he is rad too : )
Vier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #54 
Artemis

The frozen mice are the problem and I think one of my 5 goldfish, Chai Guy, would be very upset if King got one of his tankmates. Not to mention, we tried those. The fish was in his waterbowl. He swam and hid his head under it. My snake is a wuss. We tried crickets in vain. Puffed up and twitched his tail. Big wuss.
Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #55 
carbonxxkidd

Hm, wierd! Mine wouldn't touch crickets or mice. It was a lot of fun watching them try and catch fish though, usually there'd be one or two that would outwit the snakes and I'd have to give them to them out of water where they flopped around and caught the snake's attention. It looked like the snakes blindly swam around in the dish and if they bumped into something they tried to catch it, otherwise the fish got away.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #56 
phikhanhs
Banned

i used to have a pacman frog ^^
I name him JUMBO and I had him for couple months
phikhanhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #57 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Frogs only live for a couple months?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #58 
Artemis

Nah they can live for years. I love that "Bowls are for cereal!" bit in your sig btw
Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote