Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #31 
Xaltd1

I did a 80% vacuum/water change in the 29 gallon (my aching back!!!), replaced the carbon filter section (3-part filter) washed the filter w/ HOT water & bleached the intake (it was gunked up from the oto's seaweed). I have the filter going full blast. I want to fast the girls, but I have to feed my catfish and the girls get into the wafers/pellets.
As for QTing, everyone looks fine. A couple were more stressed by the water change than others who are used to it. Some are so casual that they wind up in the gravel vac, so I cupped those. (My cat drank one of the cupped fish's water while I was dumping water-great-it was medicated!) I'm stopping meds & exotic food & see what happens next.
Anyone contemplating getting a bigger tank- it's easy to get the water out. It's refilling that is the killer!!!!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #32 
Aluka

Feed the ottos blanch veggies, the bettas won't eat it.
Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #33 
Xaltd1

But I have to feed the ocellifers, too. They're more carnivorous. I use a sinking "bottom feeder" pellet for them. Funny, most bettas spend their days inspecting the bottom of the tank for a treat!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote