Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #1 
AKManga

Suction cup accessories in circular tanks

I have a 360 degree 3 gallon tank for my Betta. I really want to get him a little "Betta Bed" But I'm unsure if suction cups work on concave surfaces. Does anyone have an aquarium like mine and have trouble with suction cup accessories?
AKManga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #2 
Blue Fish

I've never tried it, but I do know you can hot glue the suction cup to the glass. It'll still come off (you'll have to tug a bit) but it won't leave a permanent mark on your tank, and will hold the suction cup on.

Or, if you don't care that it's permanent, you can use aquarium sealant and stick it on with that. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #3 
AKManga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
I've never tried it, but I do know you can hot glue the suction cup to the glass. It'll still come off (you'll have to tug a bit) but it won't leave a permanent mark on your tank, and will hold the suction cup on.

Or, if you don't care that it's permanent, you can use aquarium sealant and stick it on with that. :)
Thanks so much! I was hoping it could stick, just in case I need to wipe down the whole tank. I'll try to make my own at home so the cost will be lower.
AKManga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #4 
WaffleSire

I just had this idea recently, maybe you can take a thermometer/whatever has the suction cup, take off the suction cup, and hot glue it to a ping pong ball so it'll float around? Just a thought.

[If no one's thought of this and it works, i'm a GENIUS. O.O]
WaffleSire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #5 
bettacrazygirl86

Suction cups work perfectly fine in a 360 degree tank. :) I had one and my heater stuck to it just fine. It's not rounded enough to cause the suction cup to pop off.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #6 
LillieCharlotte

I have the 360 degree tank, suction cups work fine in it. I keep my Hydor Theo on the wall with 2 suction cups and have never had a problem
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #7 
frankiefire

It'll be fine. My thermometer sticks just fine to my round tank.
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 gallon tank, accessories, aquarium, betta, suction-cup plant