Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1 
kelikani

Question What color is he?

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Secondly, I've been curious about my sister's male for a while. He's a EE and looks like a DeT when relaxed but when he flares up he looks like a HM (discovered this only today). I'm also not sure what color he is. Any help would be appreciated. :)

kelikani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #2 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelikani View Post
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Secondly, I've been curious about my sister's male for a while. He's a EE and looks like a DeT when relaxed but when he flares up he looks like a HM (discovered this only today). I'm also not sure what color he is. Any help would be appreciated. :)
He looks like a HM. If he's got a 180 spread when flared, he's a HM. My HM is like that. He swims around lazily with his tail looking like a delta, but when he flares it's full 180, and gorgeous to boot

In the 2nd photo he looks like a royal blue and red butterfly, but in the others he looks multicolored. Meaning the color bands aren't very distinct, and his ventrals appear to be solid white, but that could be the flash, what color are they?
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #3 
kelikani

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
He looks like a HM. If he's got a 180 spread when flared, he's a HM. My HM is like that. He swims around lazily with his tail looking like a delta, but when he flares it's full 180, and gorgeous to boot

In the 2nd photo he looks like a royal blue and red butterfly, but in the others he looks multicolored. Meaning the color bands aren't very distinct, and his ventrals appear to be solid white, but that could be the flash, what color are they?
I didn't use flash for any of the pictures. His ventrals are red with blue tips, just like how his tail is red with a blue rim. His pectorals are solid white.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I would pin him just as a multicolored since he doesn't really fit into the butterfly category, he would need distinct bands of color and a while band at the edge of his fins.

I almost wanted to say a Blue and Red Mustard Gas but I'm fairly certain that's not possible lol, he's just got the pattern of a Mustard Gas.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #5 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

First of all I want to say, he is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
He appears to be a multi, beautiful! I would totally steal him! Definitely a Halfmoon with that spread!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #6 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Definitely not a butterfly, he would need a band that goes all the way around all his fins.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
Definitely not a butterfly, he would need a band that goes all the way around all his fins.
I know, that's why I said he could almost be a butterfly but not quite, and I did specify that he would need a solid band that went around his fins.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #8 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelikani View Post
I didn't use flash for any of the pictures. His ventrals are red with blue tips, just like how his tail is red with a blue rim. His pectorals are solid white.
sorry, was thinking of the wrong one. I meant pectorals.

It seems that his blue doesn't go all the way, and in the one photo his red mixes in with his blue rather than separating complete. So definitely I'd go with multicolored.

I <3 HMs too They're just beautiful!!!
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #9 
kelikani

Thank you all!