Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #1 
bniebetta

The Bad Fish Store Thread

After visiting many pet stores during my travels today, I thought it might be useful to have a list dedicated to alerting each other where not to go and why all in one place. This will really benefit members when they travel and want to check out the stores they find along the way. I came across a really bad one today, so I'll go ahead and post the first one. Here is what you need to do:

1. Pet store name (correct spelling)
2. Pet store address
3. Any other contact information you find relevant (website links, etc)
4. Why you think it would be on this list. Reasons need to be legitimate and reasonable. Something like "Their betta selection was boring" is not going to cut it.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

One thing, you may want to be careful with this kind of thread. I know that there have been a couple forums where stores or businesses have threatened legal action against the administrators of the forum because of negative things that have been said.

On one forum I am on you cannot mention the name of a couple of stores because of threatened legal action.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #3 
ZubinBetta

Would it be possible to avoid some of the legal issues of this thread by not giving the pet store name, but by designating the store by its land address: "West Myrtle Drive, Omaha, NE," for instance? Because the purpose of providing a warning about such a place is largely in the specification of a location that is to be avoided or not, by people actually in the vicinity of that place, could not some designation of place replace the name? It would mean having a puzzle for each one, which may recommend it in itself, and the extra step it takes to deduce the name might(?) exculpate the OP from intimations of wrongdoing.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 AM   #4 
GoodMorning

there's nothing they can do.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #5 
stangant

Freedom of speech is something that Americans can express without repercussion (unless "now" the president says so). Just like any reviews online or in person they cannot do anything, threaten yes but action, no.
stangant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #6 
registereduser

You should still run it by admin.

Also locally owned small stores can change. They can get new management, new owners, better workers etc. And yet this thread will have them in a bad light forever and future internet searchers will see it.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote