Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #21 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
It is fairly pricey though. My sheet cost $50 although it would have given me a couple of dividers.

For some reason I thought your tank was bigger than it is (it looks bigger in the photo).

You may be able to fit the craft mesh in if it's only 30cm from front to back. However, they may not reach all the way to the top of the tank.
I guess we'll just have to have a look around, it's already decided we buy the suction cap divider holders off of eBay so the problem is the damn dividers. :P I also don't want them seeing each other all the time.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #22 
jadaBlu

Amazon.com sell them. What you are asking for is plastic canvas.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #23 
Tikibirds

If you cant get it there, I'm sure you can find someone where who can ship it to you but the shipping is a bit $$ these days. I collect toys and frequently ship items that are not avalible elsewhere. Have you seen those my little pony toys in a store? One of them is about 6 or so ounces and costs between 10-12 USD to ship internationally.

all the ones I see are 10 inches by 13 inches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26-sheets-of...item257cdb40d1

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-16-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #24 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
Amazon.com sell them. What you are asking for is plastic canvas.
Most amazon links don't post to Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
If you cant get it there, I'm sure you can find someone where who can ship it to you but the shipping is a bit $$ these days. I collect toys and frequently ship items that are not avalible elsewhere. Have you seen those my little pony toys in a store? One of them is about 6 or so ounces and costs between 10-12 USD to ship internationally.

all the ones I see are 10 inches by 13 inches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26-sheets-of...item257cdb40d1

We found flexi chopping mats at a dollar store for $3 they're fairly thin but they're the right size. We might buy multiples to make the plastic thicker and it'd make a tougher divider.

We also did decide to buy a smaller tank, so the females will be in the smaller one -- it will be halved and the 4 males will share the 2ft tank. AHHHHH. Getting there.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #25 
Nibblez

Lol, its sounds like a really complicated setup you've got going there. Planning aside, everything should go smoothly after that.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 AM   #26 
LittleBettaFish

What state are you in Flapmon? If it all goes to hell in a handbasket there is the option of getting a custom barracks made.

I got a barracks system made up at my not so local aquarium and it was not exceptionally dear. I got fed up of trying to do it myself haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #27 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblez View Post
Lol, its sounds like a really complicated setup you've got going there. Planning aside, everything should go smoothly after that.
Yes, it seems complicated but in the end it's the better, roomier solution rather then trying to squeeze them all together. When it's all set up it will be worth it, it's just the planning and the organizing and the horrible bits and pieces that never want to be found ... So I'm just fingers crossed and hoping that it all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
What state are you in Flapmon? If it all goes to hell in a handbasket there is the option of getting a custom barracks made.

I got a barracks system made up at my not so local aquarium and it was not exceptionally dear. I got fed up of trying to do it myself haha.
I'm in Brisbane, moving to NSW next month.
Like I said we found like, thin chopping board type things and decided on buying 5 packets which have 4 in each and it will make a thick divider. We'll put holes in and use the binder thingies along with the suction things just in case there's space. They're actually the perfect size for both tanks, maybe a bit too big for the smaller one but it's better than having small dividers for a big tank. All we need to worry about now is placement, the suction caps, doing the holes and buying heaters/filters plus when do we buy them.. Up here or down there.

Now I'm just stressing myself out again. :c