Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #41 
Livelifelaughlove

The thing is the companies want to keep as much money in the stores as possible. And by mistreating the fish, they are playing on heart strings like your guys, who tank them because they want to rescue them. Sor really you are falling into a trap.
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #42 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree. We feel sorry for them and we buy them. Kim, do you think the lighter poops might have been from stress and now that they are in larger homes and warm water, they are settling down?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #43 
Kim

Oh, I know that and I won't buy a betta to "rescue" it, but I will take them for a discount or free so that the store doesn't actually make any money off of them. I don't really buy much stuff from pet stores either, because that's just supporting them as well. I usually order from drsfostersmith.com, but if I only need one or two things it's not really worth it to pay for the shipping. Also, sometimes I need stuff in a hurry...

I think it's all a no win situation.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #44 
Livelifelaughlove

Btw, sorry if i sounded a little... harsh or something in the last post. I was just irritated thinking about the big corps and how much they screw over people
Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #45 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I agree. We feel sorry for them and we buy them. Kim, do you think the lighter poops might have been from stress and now that they are in larger homes and warm water, they are settling down?
Maybe. I think it's also got something to do with the fact that they don't feed them very well and they are often constipated as well. Edelweiss has finally stopped tilting slightly when she stops swimming, so that's a good thing .
Old 03-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #46 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmnemms View Post
Btw, sorry if i sounded a little... harsh or something in the last post. I was just irritated thinking about the big corps and how much they screw over people
Nope, you didn't sound harsh at all . It's so true, and it makes me mad as well and that is why I try not to feed into it as much as possible.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #47 
Livelifelaughlove

Yay go Edelweiss!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #48 
Livelifelaughlove

Ok im glad. i was just rereading the thread i thought "wow did i actually say it like that? its not how i meant it to come out" so... yea didn't mean it like i was blaming you guys for the big corps
Old 03-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #49 
Kim

Edelweiss is so shy! She's finally gotten curious about me and will come over when I talk to her. Victor is definitely the most outgoing of the two, and he finally has gotten over the thermometer obsession lol! I think they'll be happy sharing a divided tank because they seem pretty mellow with eachother. I think that's the hardest part about divided tanks - finding two compatable fish. So far it seems that the male/female combos work the best because the males will get some exercise flirting, but the females just don't care if they haven't been conditioned to breed so there's no stress.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #50 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have my female next to one of my males and they don't even pay any attention to each other. I think they need the right conditions to become interested in breeding.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote