Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #11 
shoutriotgrrrl

Awh man they're adorable! I have a little betta baby, I named (i'm almost certain its a girl but I may need some help with gender identification) Hyperion. My husband has a baby also, which I was mad he got.

(mainly got it to put in with his adult to see what would happen. Needless to say I didn't speak to him for the rest of the night because I was irritated with it).

Question though, can these babies do okay in one tank as long as there is plenty of hiding space and regular water changes? We are moving in a few months anyway where we have a bigger tank we can divide up, I'm just wondering if they will be okay until the initial move? So far my husbands baby (which is TINY, barely has fins) goes after mine, who is much older, and flares up at her and then swims off into its plants. Hyperion just manages to hang out at the top of the tank waiting for dinner.

I don't want to be inhumane, but my husband definitely went overboard with this one thanks to my irresponsible roommates (who have 3 males in one 10 gal with 3 sharks and an oscar... they're down to 3 betta males, and one oscar, the oscar will die soon and so will one of the bettas).

I just thought maybe the little guy/girl will have a better chance in my tank with my juvenile instead of an aggressive adult male.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

1. We don't have the money to get another 2.5 gallon (that's what the little babies are in right now)
2. I don't want to give it away to someone who isn't willing to take proper care of it
3. And by saying my betta is much bigger, I just mean more developed. Probably 2 weeks older.

Last edited by shoutriotgrrrl; 04-16-2013 at 11:23 AM.
shoutriotgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #12 
Minnieservis

I just saw your post now. I don't have much experience so I don't know about keeping babies together. I now have my two babies in a divided tank instead of two separate tanks and they do flare at each other occasionally, especially the younger one. So I guess they could be aggressive really at any age, it would probably depend on the betta. I definitely wouldn't house a baby with an adult. Your best bet would be to get another tank when you can. Even a 1 gallon critter keeper is better than housing together I think, I've seen them at walmart for $6. Good luck!

Here is an updated picture!

Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #13 
bannlow2471

That is a sweet baby!
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #14 
jesssan2442

cute boy!! does he have a name?
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #15 
Minnieservis

Thank you! I have been calling him Nivens, but I'm still not sure. He's a hard one to name for some reason.
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #16 
konstargirl

Aww!! I think this one is a little boy. =D
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote