Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #1 
belleangel33

Ever have trouble picking the pair to breed? Wanna help? (Pic heavy)

I have a few nice pairs all conditioned to breed but am at a loss of which pair to pick next. I have to mention Halfmoons are my nemesis. I seem to have a hard time getting them to spawn and if they do all my dads have eaten been egg eaters. Crowntails have been easy for me and I just had my 1st attempt at HMPK go like clockwork. The one male I despreatly want to spawn is a HM Sky a white and blue marble (in my photo album) will not make a nest and has run from the female when put in the breeding tank with that them.

So With all that being said let me introduce the pairs up for debate:

I have a proven breeding pair of imports, that no longer resemble their purchase photos They were so much better looking in the breeder photo but I have had so many fish change colors that Im not saying its not them just stating wish they still looked the the original photo. They are both a minty greenish and peachy orange maybe a bit of a boring predicable breed ... Siamimbellis is a great breeder and a lot of his lines breed true ( sorry fins are still a bit nipped from their 1st spawn over a month ago with the other breeder). I will have pics of what they looked from the breeder Siamimbellis to the 1st breeder and then what they looked like tonight I have had them a month and they may have changed slightly since I have had them but not drastically

This is the other pair I picked: A white and copper marble HM that has changed since I have had him I will also show his pics from when he arrived and then pics taken tonight. His new pics show his white is being eaten by a green copper on his body. The female a blue was I selected because she is very eggy (and I dont want her to get egg bound) from her 1st attempt at breeding with Sky the above named HM. She and has been showing breeding stripes on her own. She also has fin nips from the 1st attempt and from the sorority tank she was being picked on so she was pulled about 3 weeks ago so her fins dont look as nice I will include a before photo of her as well as one taken tonight. I was thinking of pairing him with my copper dragon HM female but because big blue girl looks like shes going to burst I thought maybe she needed some relief.....

I also have white a pair but that is kinda borning I looking for different not something you see a lot so I didnt bother to take photos.

So Let me hear your thoughts but dont get too excited since I have a crappy track record with Halfmoons.

I
Attached Images

belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #2 
belleangel33

Sorry be patient i am having trouble getting photos to load
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #3 
belleangel33

Sorry It seems that I can only upload the pics that I took with my phone, the ones i took with my camera which came out better but they wont load
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #4 
belleangel33

White and Copper Marble X Blue

Breeder pics
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #5 
belleangel33

White and Copper Marble HM X Blue

Pics taken tonight really wishing I could load the pics from my camera not just phone they came out better =(
Attached Images

Last edited by belleangel33; 04-17-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #6 
MoonShadow

That is a gorgeous pair!!!

If you ever want to sell your "boring" whites let me know seriously!! I love whites! They would just be pets though no hm breeding for me!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #7 
belleangel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
That is a gorgeous pair!!!

If you ever want to sell your "boring" whites let me know seriously!! I love whites! They would just be pets though no hm breeding for me!

The white male was a was a mistake on the invoice I didnt catch until after I paid I only wanted the white female lol I love a great white dont get me wrong, (a great white lol SHARK!) {sorry I love shark week} I am just in a flashy mood thats all. I paid more than I would have liked for him
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #8 
belleangel33

Any ideas of why I can get my Camera pics to load?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #9 
belleangel33

Got some camera pics to load

Ok I Got some camera pics to load by cropping them 1st maybe the files where too big
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #10 
Jayloo

I like the blue female and marble male!
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote