Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #11 
bettacrazygirl86

Here is the Marina 360. :) you could check your LFS or order it online. Petsmart and Petco don't carry it. It is well worth the money! It's a beautiful tank, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00891I1Q2
bettacrazygirl86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #12 
NozzALa

Thanks for the links, I'm looking into everything.

I'm really liking the Marina, I'm just curious about the slight opening at the top. I have a cat who likes to watch my current Betta, and I just wouldn't want him to be able to stick his paw in tha gap. My other tank has a fully enclosed lid.

Last edited by NozzALa; 04-16-2013 at 12:59 PM.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #13 
bettacrazygirl86

There is an opening, but it isn't all that wide. The lid is also a little hard to get off too. There's actually a spot for a heater on the inside of the filter, if you get a Marina 10 watt heater for it. If not, the heater cord should jam the lid enough so it can't be easily taken off by a cat. :)
Old 04-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #14 
NozzALa

Ok, thanks. I'm considering this one quite a bit, I like its sleek look.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #15 
ryancalif

Fluval Chi

or

Ecoxotic Ecopico
ryancalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #16 
bettacrazygirl86

I really loved it while I was using it. The only thing that MAY be a bit of a problem is the filter flow. It can be baffled though, so it's not a big issue. The intake is on the bottom of the filter console and hardly has any pull, so the fish won't get sucked up. :) The lights are LED and it has a nighttime setting with a single blue light to still light the tank up enough to see but it's dark enough to let you and the fish rest. :) I love that tank.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #17 
InfiniteGlory

I am happy with my Marineland 4 gallon classic tank. This is the latest picture I have.

InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #18 
NozzALa

Nice looking, thanks for the pic. :)
Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #19 
Laurenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
I have the marineland hex 5 and IMO it is the best betta tank I own. I intend on trying the new 3 gallon cresent my next time out!

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo
I have the Marineland Eclipse 5g Hex also, got a really good deal on it on amazon. Its nice, and especially so considering what I paid for it lol, and I do like that for a 5g it has a fairly small footprint, but its really not one of my top choices for bettas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJM View Post
I have a standard Petco 2.5g, an Evolve 4, and a Deep Blue Professional Betta 5. They all have their pros and cons. I really like the length and shallowness of the DBP. The Evolve keeps everything contained in the rear sump, for a cleaner looking tank (also, it was inexpensive), but the light probably isn't going to be strong enough for my plants. The 2.5 with a CFL desk light is my easiest tank, just chugs along. However, I think it is a bit small and am looking at 6 gallons for an upgrade.

http://www.allpet.com/detail.asp?product_id=523100

http://www.petco.com/product/117467/...arium-Kit.aspx
I recently picked up an Evolve 4 as well--couldn't pass up the clearance price and had been wanting my next tank to be one designed pretty much exactly like that--with the filtration hidden in a rear sump thats also able to house the heater, very clean look.

I've been reading all the reviews and threads I can find online with info about the tank and specifically the light in regards to what you can realistically grow with just the stock light. From the info I've gathered so far, it actually is strong enough to support true low-light plants, but in the few posts I could find mentioning specific plants, I didn't think to save the info and don't remember any of them. I guess thats what google is for though, right? What are you planning on putting in there as of right now?

I'm also doing a bit of a "test run" with the tank right now, have the filter and a heater running, with 2 ludicrously bright neon fake plants attached to black river stones so they don't float, a big handful of java fern and java moss tossed in and floating around the bottom-middle, a few floaters--mostly salvinia, and a DT male betta (thats really code for I was at Petco getting crickets and ended up leaving with a betta that I didn't have a tank set up for). I wanted to play around with the filter, seeing how strong it actually was since apparently thats been an issue, and figure out which method of baffling/lowering the flow would work best for me as well as trying some different things out under the stock light. And actually, I'm really glad I decided to do this first, before setting up everything else in the tank. Have you tested it out yet with the filter on? If so, what did you think? If not, you should and then come back and tell me what you think lol.
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote