Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #11 
belleangel33

Finally got camera photos of Green and orange pair

Sorry for soooo many pics but I want opinions based on the fish and i know that bad photos can make a good fish look bad....
Attached Images

belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #12 
belleangel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayloo View Post
I like the blue female and marble male!

See that is the pair I like better also.... but was thinking try the proven breeding pair since you know they have breed sucessfully before..... all the HM I have tried to breed have been 1st timers..... ( but all my crowntails have been 1st timers and I havent had many problems with them...)
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #13 
Jayloo

I've never had a spawn not work because of finnage? Are you saying the HM you are attempting to use have too much finnage to spawn?
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #14 
belleangel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayloo View Post
I've never had a spawn not work because of finnage? Are you saying the HM you are attempting to use have too much finnage to spawn?

No sorry I am saying the males and females are conditioned as are all my fish, but once entering the breeding tank (which is set up the same as all my other spawns) the males wont make a nest, or runs from the female and hides from her, or once they actually do spawn the male eats all the eggs.... I am just saying I always have had bad luck with my Halfmoons
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #15 
Jayloo

Are you doing the spawn dance before every attempt? :p just kidding. But get rid of the bad mojo with the HM. It will come just like all the others!
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #16 
Laurenie

*Swoons* The marble male really is incredibly stunning--I'm extremely jealous right now lol. Are you pretty set on pairing him with the blue female? I'd be interested in seeing pics of the copper female you were planning on earlier or any other females you'd consider.

Assuming you have a successful spawn, is there a certain amount of time you typically wait before attempting the next one? If so, would you make an exception under certain circumstances?

Since you've had such negative experiences in the past with your attempts to breed HM males, its seems like a successful pairing with one would go a long way as far as giving you more confidence and positive outlook for future HM male pairings, and as cheesy as it sounds, that alone could end up making a real difference. Because of that, part of me wants to say you should go with the proven pair since they're obviously your best bet for a good HM male spawning, regardless of which pair is "better" or more attractive.

Idk, hard call, I can definitely see why you're having a tough time deciding!
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #17 
belleangel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenie View Post
*Swoons* The marble male really is incredibly stunning--I'm extremely jealous right now lol. Are you pretty set on pairing him with the blue female? I'd be interested in seeing pics of the copper female you were planning on earlier or any other females you'd consider.

Assuming you have a successful spawn, is there a certain amount of time you typically wait before attempting the next one? If so, would you make an exception under certain circumstances?

Since you've had such negative experiences in the past with your attempts to breed HM males, its seems like a successful pairing with one would go a long way as far as giving you more confidence and positive outlook for future HM male pairings, and as cheesy as it sounds, that alone could end up making a real difference. Because of that, part of me wants to say you should go with the proven pair since they're obviously your best bet for a good HM male spawning, regardless of which pair is "better" or more attractive.

Idk, hard call, I can definitely see why you're having a tough time deciding!
I definitely could get you pictures of my other females I have a blue double tail, I have the copper I have a white I have I have a turquoise marble that turned pretty much all turquoise except for just a rim white, I had a blue and yellow mustard gas but she recently got eaten (thought is was Nemo for a day till I found her), blonde steel I will get you pictures let you pick the female
Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #18 
belleangel33

cooper female about 2 months ago

She has filled out a lot she was tiny here and her coloring looks silvery now it depends what lighting she is in sometimes she looks purple or green or red, and her ventrals turned red
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #19 
belleangel33

Giant pk

she has also filled in and I think is too big for him now and has a two small dots of blue
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #20 
belleangel33

doubletail

she has also filled in and is a bit darker
Attached Images