Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #1 
Stone

Product review odyessa t-5 dual pro

I just got this light off of ebay from topdogsellers for 49.99 and free shipping, here are the links to the light specs and a link to what it looks like

http://www.tradezz.com/buy_7851558_ODYSSEA-36-quot.htm

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/O...386303123.html

Ok now for the review first the seller was extremely fast shipper it actually got here a day before it said it would 5 days total and 2 of those were weekend days, The light arrived well packed, the first thing I noticed is the tubes were not the standard size as far as thickness I am used to seeing which makes the fixture a lot more slim and sleek I got the version from topdogseller that is for plants it came with 2 6500k bulbs, be it the bulbs were skinny and not as fat as I am used to seeing I rushed to plug it in, I put it on top of my tank plugged the cord off the fixture into the ballast, which is another feature I find nice is the ballast is on the cord and not in the fixture for easy replacement and I turned it on and all I can say is wow, it was light daylight, my current fixture only had one standard t-5 24 inch bulb in it and well was pretty much a let down, the bulbs in this fixture are 34 inches long and bright bright bright they come on as soon as you turn the switch on, no flickering no noise just light, I had been looking around for an affordable light for some time and what I was running into other than the high price for anything t-5 and I had even looked at the zoomed ones their major problem was the bulbs were only 24 inch long in a fixture that is 36 inch, and well the price, I ran across this on ebay and for 50 bucks and free shipping I gave it a go, very happy with it and I now hope I can grow some high light plants I give this light for the price 2 thumbs up

Last edited by Stone; 04-17-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote