Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #1 
luvplatys

Talking Cece the baby platy journal

I wanted to start this journal, to keep track of my first baby fry platy, looks like it will be a mickey mouse platy just like his/her momma. Cece is 11 days old, when I first saw it, it had a little black on the tail and light orange. As it getting older the colors are becoming brighter and the black on the tail is starting to show the mickey mouse trait. I also have 3 red wag platys (2 female and 1 male) and one female gold twin-bar platy. So far they are leaving Cece alone, once in a while they will see it and chase it but Cece is a fast little bugger. Getting away and hiding in the plants I have in the tank.
luvplatys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Cute! I have my month old Platy fry as well! Both parents were Sunburst Red Wag Platy but there might be some Mickey genes in there as well. Here's a pic I took of them today! I need to feed them a little more often I think >.< but they are doing well! In their own 5.5 gallon tank now :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #3 
luvplatys

Talking cece

I am trying to get a picture of cece but he/she is so small its hard to catch a good one of him/her.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah yes, I totally understand! When I first saw the fry I was like "What the heck is that little yellow mark on my driftwood--OH! It moved!" lol, I was able to catch five of them and put them in a breeder net for a while but they just moved to the 5.5 today when the betta girls went into the 33 sorority :D Would love to see a picture of yours!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #5 
luvplatys

Smile cece

I didn't know I had a baby until after I put in my 2 female red wags in. When Minnie died I took it back to petsmart and I was able to replace it with another one. I fixed a plant and something moved, I saw the little itty bitty baby fry. I didn't know minnie was pregnant cause she didn't look like it.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #6 
WolfHhowling

My babies are only a week and three days old now... there in my avatar.

That pick was taken yesterday. I also have a baby platy journal, for some odd reason, mine are the size of your platy babies but they are younger. I think its just the food I feed them lol
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #7 
luvplatys

Talking

From what I can see cece is about half an inch long. I saw the baby fry eating crushed flake food that made it down on the gravel. Which made me feel good that it was eating. I also have 3 females that are fat, so I might been having more babies in the near future.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #8 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvplatys View Post
From what I can see cece is about half an inch long. I saw the baby fry eating crushed flake food that made it down on the gravel. Which made me feel good that it was eating. I also have 3 females that are fat, so I might been having more babies in the near future.
They are so tiny when they are born. so cute too. I had to rescue mine from there mom, and they now fallow me around the room.

Grandma has actually sat there and told them, your fish not baby ducklings.
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #9 
luvplatys

I will try to get a good picture of the baby. I always to a baby check often to make sure it is still alive.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I don't think I feed my baby's enough, I actually need to mix up some more food for them. At the moment I've only crushed BettaMin which was high in protein for their growth and then some New Life Spectrum flake food and mixed that. I have other foods such as Freeze dried bloodworms, tropical flake medley, bottom feeder wafer and algae wafers, should I crush any to add to the mixture?

(Sorry for kind of taking over your thread luvplatys >.<)

Tags
journal