Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #1 
JadeAngel

AAAAh, spring is finally here!!!!....... maybe

It's a sunny day, 63 F, I spent the entire day doing small projects....

And now I'm set up in the backyard in my shorts and sitting in a comfy saucer chair under an umbrella with an ice cold cocktail in my hand... enjoying the warmth on my legs as my 3 year old runs around playing with her yard toys that I pulled out of winter storage... and she runs up and down the neighbors fence with their young golden retriever.

Oh, and the 2 aquarium heaters I was waiting for got here today, even though the ebay seller totally sent me something completely different from the photos... not thrilled as I intentionally bought the identical heaters I already have since i know they work... but my guys can't go longer without heat, and it's the same wattage, so it will do.

So we're all nice and warm and relaxing!!! Even my cat is happy as I let her outside for a while today *and another outdoor cat who has never seen her before decided to mark our yard as his territory, seriously... MY yard... MY territory!! SCAT CAT! hahaha*

Aaaaah, this is the life!
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol my two cats rule the neighborhood! They are indoor/outdoor so they just wander wherever they please ^^ our third cat is definitely more of an indoor cat although he's liking going outside a little more since one of the older cats is actually playing with him now and accepting him. It was such a lovely day today though, I definitely agree! Got up to about 67 F here in Little Rhody!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #3 
Tigersoul101

Heh, 67 F... For me it got up to 90 F and we call that a good day.

All of my kitties are indoors and our 'king of the house' is in a pretty bad mood today, kept wanting to bite/scrach everyone who try to pet him.
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

uggg 90 is...I hate anything above 70 really lol I'm totally not a Betta fish in relation, I'm like a cold water Goldfish XD
Anything from 50 to 65 is awesome to me :D
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #5 
Tigersoul101

When it gets below 50 I'm hybernating under every blanket I find in the house. XD. I guess I'm like the betta then.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersoul101 View Post
When it gets below 50 I'm hybernating under every blanket I find in the house. XD. I guess I'm like the betta then.
Lol, about 30 degrees and then I'll be hibernating XD I always say I like the winter better because you can always put more clothes/blankets on, but in the summer you can only take so much off without getting arrested haha
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #7 
Tigersoul101

I like the winter only for that purpose. Just about a year ago my grandmother bought me a new comforter set that was really expensive. The only downfall that it was just too hot for me, but during the winter it's perfect and make it seem like that I do use it. It’s very pretty and fluffy.

In the summer I can wear jeans outside when it 100 F and won’t bother about being hot. It's just that blood when you get when your family have lived here for more than 3 generations.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #8 
JadeAngel

My husband wears jeans year around in aaaaall sorts of weather. Because he is a skinny guy, he has never in his life worn shorts other than for swimming (self conscious thing I guess). So he'll go with jeans from -20 up to 100

It's funny... because I broke out my tank tops and shorts as soon as it hit 60, and he'll complain that it's hot... but refuses to wear anything less thick. Considering he grew up in a tropical country, I guess it's understandable... but then, WHY does he prefer our pennsylvania winters!?

I love temps between 60-75. Above 75 and I feel like I'm dying (actually, I do get ill from the heat quite easily, so it's a physical problem for me to be in too much heat, especially when humidity is thrown in there)

But it depends on the wind. If there's no wind, 60 is just perfect. If there's wind (which chased me inside just as it was getting dark) then I prefer 70-75, as the wind is usually chilly and warrants a coat. I went to visit my cousin in Kansas when I was younger, and they were having a 103 heat wave. Oh it was just awful! and when I lived in my husband's country, we went to Tikal and the temps were around 90 (add to that the humidity as it is quite literally smack dab in the middle of a jungle) and I decided the temples weren't worth visiting again during that time of year

I looove the snow during the winter, but hate the cold. But yes, the one advantage to the cold is that piling on material will help keep it out. You need electricity and machinery to relieve yourself of high heats (seriously... I'm doomed this summer as our AC in the car doesn't work because of a freon leak. Last year was dreadful on hot days!!!!)

But a few more days like this would be so lovely this week! I have a friend coming up from california next week, so I would love to be able to set up the gazebo and bring out the cast iron bar. I have a lot of cleaning to do this week as we finally finished the flooring in the kitchen. So I would greatly appreciate good weather so that I can at least relax half of the day (there are some big advantages to being a stay at home mom... even though I get very bored a lot of times, other times I don't have to worry about not having enough time to get my stuff done)
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah my truck doesn't have a/c so I just keep the windows open. I also wear jeans pretty much all year round! Although with this past year I recently got into wearing capris but most are still denim material lol but I do love my flip-flops!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #10 
Tigersoul101

I would love the all around temp to be around the 70's but with the humidty we have it's gonna be more like the 80's...