Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #11 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenie View Post
Thanks so much for chiming in Catw0man! I just searched the aquabid pic thread for "phusit" and saw that you'd actually purchased fish from him so already had you in mind as one of the best people to talk to. And now that you bring it up, I think I know exactly what you mean regarding turquoise/green possibly photographing as blue, but its not something I ever would have thought of myself. Is it related to iridescence do you think? Most "greens" have a blue tint anyway, but for example, my most recent betta impulse purchase is a DT tri-color male (pretty positive he's technically a HMDT since his caudals spread to 180* but he was "labeled" as a regular DT which is fine, they're half the price :P) and he has a green body with green, black, and white spread in random patches over his fins. But sometimes when he moves a certain way, or the light hits him from the right angle, everywhere thats turquoise/green suddenly looks extremely blue, an effect of spread iridescence I'm assuming. I've been meaning to take pictures of him under different types of lighting to actually see how the color shows up in them but keep procrastinating.
Yes, I'm sure it has something to do with the iridescence.....and the lighting in which the photo was taken. That's why I like to see the fish described as "blue" because I feel that that indicates what the breeder sees with the naked eye as the dominant color. I bought one fish once described as a "multi-color" who appeared purple in the posted pic. He was "green" in person (aka turquoise).
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #12 
PeppermintHippo

Yeah, so, I bought a fish... but a different fish -_-;; I had my finger on the buy button when I decided to look at just one more fish, that was my first mistake. This fish just looked so weird, like he has a pink luchador mask and a pink feather boa. He's the Elton John of the fish world! I can't help it, the whimsical weirdos steal my heart over beautiful things every time. Hes still beautiful though XD I'm excited.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1366645841 <---- Le' Fish
PeppermintHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #13 
sareena79

I saw that fish posted somewhere last night and thought WOW thats really unique. glad u got him, cant wait to see pix :)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #14 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintHippo View Post
Yeah, so, I bought a fish... but a different fish -_-;; I had my finger on the buy button when I decided to look at just one more fish, that was my first mistake. This fish just looked so weird, like he has a pink luchador mask and a pink feather boa. He's the Elton John of the fish world! I can't help it, the whimsical weirdos steal my heart over beautiful things every time. Hes still beautiful though XD I'm excited.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1366645841 <---- Le' Fish
I posted that fish in the Aquabid thread! I thought he was very unique....but couldn't decide if I liked him or not! He is indeed a "whimsical weirdo", but still beautiful! Congrats!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #15 
PeppermintHippo

Thanks, and I'm sorry! Well, kinda, but I am sorry! This will bring the house's betta count up to three :P I was thinking about naming him Houdini, but I don't know if I want to tempt him into living up to his name, especially since he'll be living in a divided 10 gallon next to my roommates incoming betta... >.>
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #16 
sareena79

he reminds me of the stained glass windows in a catholic church so maybe something like bishop or pope????
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #17 
PeppermintHippo

I like Bishop, but I probably will wait until he comes in to officially name him. I don't know what his personality is yet and sometimes that makes a world of difference :)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #18 
sareena79

yes it does! cant wait to see pix when he gets here. my boy s/b here tomorrow and Im stoked. shipping fish sux, I have been a nervous wreck lol...good luck with yours, looking forward to seeing him
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #19 
PeppermintHippo

Yeah, its the first one I've bought online so the shipping makes me nervous. Me and my roommate lucked out something fierce though. The transhipper lives like a half an hour from us, so I'm hoping that she'll let us just pick the fish up from her and save them the stress of a second ship. Plus its snowing like mad and super cold, so I want him home and warm as soon as possible XD
Old 04-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #20 
sareena79

yeah mine shipped on Monday, thankfully it was local (LA to TX) but he was supposed to be here today and got delayed so if hes not here tomorrow ima freak out a bit cuz 4 days in box cant be good for him. plus my buddy ordered a fish from the same breeder and Id hate for his to die, his kids are all excited...well good luck :)