Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #21 
Xaltd1

Laurenie, my CHERRY shrimp are in a 5 gal hex that I originally bought for a betta sorority. In the photo of Jax, you can see it in front of him (he likes to drink from it). I keep forgetting if they're cherry red shrimp or red cherry shrimp!!!! They're little & red & yes, I am trying to breed them! They are all (about 2 dozen) really small so it will probably be awhile. I'm also using it as a holding tank for new plants. I have it in my front window that gets lots of sun (hence the algae).
My trouble with that tank, too, is I've attached a sponge pre-filter to the intake (for obvious reasons) BUT it isn't allowing enough water through to run strong enough (for my satisfaction). I may build a DIY sponge filter using a pump, but I have to clean the yard, vacuum the floors, do some laundry, etc. etc.!!! My aquatic pets' living quarters are cleaner than mine!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #22 
Xaltd1

P. S. I have pics of the shrimp tank in my "albums".
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #23 
Wildbetta

I agree with the previous posters about adding another sponge filter. Sponge filters are all I use in all my tanks(except for one) and I find them to be the best thing for bettas. Great for BB and low flow all in one filter.
Wildbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #24 
Elliriyanna

wrong thread
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote