Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #341 
AyalaCookiejar

Fridays are my no bueno days :( I get no fishy time because I leave for school at 9:30 before the tank lights come on and get out at 3:20 and have work at 4 until 10 when the tank lights go out. Needless to say, Fridays are also my fast days. Tomorrow will be better when I get off work at 4 and have the rest of the day with my fishies :)

Also, my Okami plushie will be here either tomorrow or Monday and I'm ordering plants which will be shipped out Monday. The weather forecast changed and it looks like I might not need to spend the extra money on a heat pack (if it doesn't change yet again). Very exciting!

Now school needs to end because its stressing me out with my final in my college English class. I'm way ahead of the game with my portfolio. Only a few more things to do and then I've got nothing but the final to worry about! I present my final on may 8th and as far as I'm concerned, I'm done. All the rest of my classes are easy!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #342 
AyalaCookiejar

Hakuna Matata.

<3
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #343 
AyalaCookiejar

I got my fishy time today :)

Bahari seems to be... Idk. Struggling? He is always either sinking or floating. He never swims in the mid area of his tank. He's buoyant sometimes, but not always. When he isn't buoyant, he's either resting on the substrate or holding himself at the surface. When he is buoyant, he just lets his body rest and lays sideways on the water surface but if I tap the lid he moves and is able to keep himself upright. He rarely moves if I am not by the tank causing water movement or vibration. My Nerite snail is doing okay, though, I think. She still stays close to the water surface almost always but I do see her moving around. I come home to find her in different spots of the tank and sometimes I see her farther away from the surface. I'm not sure if she should be more active, though?

My girls are doing great. I think perhaps Stella's pectoral fin is healing? Its not healing super fast though. Maybe I'm just seeing things. It's been almost two weeks with minimal injuries and no need to put anyone in time out :) I also check on them all again right before bed (a couple hours after the tank lights go off) and often see Mercy swimming around when the rest of them are asleep in the back somewhere. I think she enjoys her alone time :)
Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #344 
AyalaCookiejar

I got my Okami plushie today :) I love it!! <3

I'm worried about Lotus and unsure what I should do, now. She's not buoyant anymore but she's a little lethargic and has quite a few more fin tears. I'm not sure what the problem is and I think I might have to QT her tomorrow. This is how Okami's dropsy started out, with slight lethargy. :/ I'm hoping she's just recovering but all the new fin damage is worrying.

:( praying that this doesn't turn into a huge issue and she recovers. I have limited QT space if it spreads to more than one girl. But I am hoping it was just an overeating issue and that she is just recovering and not actually sick or getting sick.

:(
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #345 
Syriiven

It may be stress as well, especially if she might be getting harassed by the other girls. Maybe a brief epsom pick me up in her own qt for a day or two then maybe try re-introducing her?

I hope she's not sick =(
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #346 
AyalaCookiejar

I hope so, too. She doesn't have any stress stripes and when she was buoyant and couldn't hardly swim the other girls left her alone, but now she's got new fin damage now that she can swim.

In hoping time will fix it and since she's already in the same tank as the other girls, I think they're already exposed to anything she might have. Didn't want to remove her and mess up the hierarchy but I will if I have to.

I added a small amount of Epsom directly to the tank. She really does not look stressed and she seems to be trying to swim as best she can, especially when she was buoyant. She put a lot of effort into trying to swim downwards. I'm wondering if she may be tired from all that work. For algae reasons, I reduced the photoperiod by an hour so they also get an extra hour of sleep in which I'm assuming she could benefit from.

I just hope she'll be okay. I've got Epsom salt, AQ salt, Kanaplex and metro on hand if I need it, though.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #347 
Syriiven

Always good to be prepared =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #348 
AyalaCookiejar

Slightly irritated today, lol.

I showed my plushie of Okami to some people today and everyone thinks she is upside down. My teacher even handed it to a bunch of my classmates and asked them to hold her so that she's right side up - about half of them got it wrong!

Then at work, I told a coworker it was a plush of my female who passed away and she said "oh that's why she's upside down" -_-

Then my boyfriend thought I was holding her upside down! I tried explaining to all of them that the anal fin is longer and right behind the pelvic fins, the dorsal fin is smaller. My teacher thought the dorsal fin was the long one -_- I think she looks like a slightly eggy female Betta. I honestly cannot see how they think its upside down, at all.

Nobody knows anything about the anatomy of a fish!!!!!!!

Lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #349 
AyalaCookiejar

Lotus is doing even better today!

I finished my "extra section" of my portfolio today. It could be of anything we wanted, so I put pictures of all my fish and tanks, including my nerite snail, my brothers fish/tank and my currently empty tank, and also two pages dedicated to Okami. The whole portfolio along with my graduation party are nautical/ocean themed :)

Now I need to order my plants but think I'll have to wait due to snow/rain.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #350 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm almost done with my portfolio (midterm) for my college class. We hand it in next Friday and find out who we are presenting it to. The next week I'll present it to my person which will take like 20 minutes but it will be easy.

Then until May 8th I'll be working on my final with my partner. We are doing a 22 minute presentation on habitual liars and the psychology and stuff. It will be about 16-17 combined minutes of us talking and 5-6 minutes of questions. We're writing a script that we have to present VERBATIM with no note cards. It'll be done and presented on May 8th.

I've been told that this college English class is harder than most actual classes in college. Needless to say, I can't wait until May 8th. There will be SO much weight off my shoulders!

Then the last two weeks of school will fly by and then graduation and then I'm DONE. Won't have anything to worry about but work and my fishies and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Then it'll be time to worry about college :/ I am still trying to find an apartment that will allow fish and my dog. I haven't done anything to prepare for graduation. My mom has that covered, hallelujah.