Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Never though I would have to post in this section.

Recently I bought a gorgeous giant female from someone on the forum to contribute to my sorority. She was probably my favorite fish in the mix and I loved her so much even though she was crazy. From the moment I got her she paced the glass following her reflection or trying to get out, or dug in her rocks constantly for more food. She was truly a beautiful fish and one that I was really proud of having.

This morning when I came to feed her she was sitting still with her head buried in her rocks. She seemed in perfect shape yesterday. He color looks washed out, but not gray, some places. I have no idea why she died because she had a perfect life with me. I only had her about a week, and the whole time she always seemed stressed or bothered no matter what I did for her. I hope that she went quickly and painlessly.

I am having just to go back to bed this morning. This is really hard for me, and discouraging as far as my sorority goes. I haven't even put them all in the tank yet and one is dead. I keep panicking that, somehow, everyone else could die too even though they are in QT. I just don't want to do anything today, I just.....can't.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your loss
Swim in peace little one...

Unfortunately losing fish is an inevitable part of fish keeping. but you shouldn't let that overshadow how rewarding this hobby can be!

I don't doubt that your giant is in a better place right now, swimming inthe cleanest pools of water no man had ever seen ^_^

Im sure you'll get your sorority up one day, but if you're not ready, just enjoy the girls you have now in their own tanks :)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #3 
bniebetta

One of the main reasons I am worried is that an anubias plant I have came in contact with her and then later got added to the main tank. There are two problems with this. First, either she came to me sick, or second, the plant from the fish store infected her. Either way, the plant went into the tank and it is now possible that the whole tank is compromised. After looking at her body, I suspect Myco because some parts of her fins were a suspicious silvery color. Which means that unless I am very lucky, the entire tank is compromised and I can't afford to set up another one and I will just have to rehome all of my girls. To be sure, I took the plant out and put it in with the girl I am least attached to, so I guess I will have my answer within a week or so. I guess I am just really floored at this point and I am not quite sure what to do.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Stay strong!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #5 
Artemis

If her head was in the gravel is it possible that she got her head stuck and couldn't get out in a sort of avalanche?
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #6 
bniebetta

That's one thing we were considering... but she was a giant, a burly one. And I have never seen her have a problem with moving it around