Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #1 
newbettaguy

Lancelot's evolving home....

Ok I am hooked... Lancelot is in a 2 gal hexagon tank thats heated and filterd.. I got a water test kits today and am happy to say after 4 days my Ammonia is at 0... nitrates and nitrites also at zero... Very happy....

But as I was getting some things at petco I see they have the Aqueon Evlove 4 on clearance for $34.99 thats like half off and I really want it... so in a week its possible that Lancelot will go from a .75 gallon un heated un filtered "betta bowl" to a 2 gallong heated and filtered hexagon to possibly a 4 gal evolve... someone please stop me... lol
newbettaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol the Betta Bug never stops! My friend had me take care of her Betta over Winter Break since she couldn't only take one fish home so she opted for her goldfish. I got to take care of Lenny for a month and a half. Half a year later I find myself with my first Betta in Aqueon's 1 gallon mini bow. Soon after I realized I wanted the 2.5 Mini Bow so i got that. Then my mom gave me this 3 gallon that was laying around. This past Christmas I go "what the heck not?" I bought myself a 10 gallon kit and then I get this awesome 33 gallon flat back hexagon free! And I just upgraded Piebald's tank from the original 2.5 to a 3 gallon on sale from Walmart!

So I've got 11 Betta's at the moment with 7 of them in a sorority....and I still want more lol I'm glad Lancelot's getting the treatment he deserves!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #3 
newbettaguy

Thanks lil.... he deserves the best all around... I may have to pass on the evolve 4 even at that crazy price...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #4 
Artemis

I always want more!!! I have 9 right now and will be setting the 10ths home up soon and find him in a few weeks.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #5 
bettacrazygirl86

I would still get the Evolve, and if the tank he's in now is new, clean it up and return it. Say you didn't like it or something. That's what I did with one of my old tanks. xD I set it up and later decided I liked another tank more, so I brought it back and got a different one.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #6 
newbettaguy

I was thinking of that.... but I would want to get the Evolve set up and running... before I transfer my guy.... Ugghhhhh the Evolve is $34.99 the 2 gal i got was $29.99 so only 5 dollars more to double his home and have a cool looking tank
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 AM   #7 
bettacrazygirl86

I would do it. :) It's totally worth it and that deal won't last long.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #8 
mermaid77

*ehm, ehm...no pressure but...*GO FOR IT! GO FOR IT! GO FOR IT! lol
Oh boy...you are definitely showing all the initial signs...started that way with me too...lol
You might wanna hang on to that 2g anyway, it'll come in handy when you spot that other betta you thought you didn't want................bwahahaha :P
mermaid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #9 
JellOh

This may reem redundant, but- I thought you wrote revolving tank, and that sounded pretty freaking cool. Is that a thing? It should be a thing.

You should so totally do it! He'd be one happy fish!
JellOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellOh View Post
This may reem redundant, but- I thought you wrote revolving tank, and that sounded pretty freaking cool. Is that a thing? It should be a thing.

You should so totally do it! He'd be one happy fish!
The only problem with a revolving tank is, where would the cords go coming from the filter/heater/light? Lol otherwise, it would be cool!

And I think you should definitely do it, that's a great price for it! But I agree, keep the old tanks, you'll never know whey they come in handy.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote