Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #21 
marybethfh

Well I went to PetCo and the only salt they had came in 10gal. D: But the fish guy recommended "BettaFix" and I have to put 40-45 drops into Fish's bowl for about a week and then do a water change...but I'm going home on Friday for spring break and bringing him with me. I don't know how to minimize his stress level for a 45 minute drive. =/ I can only hope this "BettaFix" does him some good.
marybethfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

You could use hand or foot warmers to keep him warm on the trip home. Put him in a gladware container, then put that in a small cooler. Then put one of those hand or foot warmers in the cooler or you could order the shipping heater packs and use those.I got some to use to keep my fish warm if my power goes out in a storm. Hope this helps.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #23 
marybethfh

Thanks :] I know the student center still sells the hand warmers, I'll pick up a few of those. I'll have to improvise with the rest, I have the mall bowl that he came in that I was going to put him back in for the ride home, I might be able to score a gladware bowl from my roommate...I doubt she'll miss one container haha.
marybethfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

The container he came in would work. You might even be able to do without the hand warmer if you have a cup holder in your car that his cup would fit in. Then your car heater would be enough to keep him warm, I think.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #25 
veganchick

It works really well! I've used it before! :) works if they have fin rot, or ripped fins!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote