Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #1 
Elsewhere

Question New Girl

So today I walked into my LPS and they had JUST gotten in a massive stock of Bettas. I picked up Kassiandra, as I wanted an 11th girl, but now I have ten girls ready to go in my 30g but one who isn't... What can I do about this, will I have to wait another two weeks? :/

I also saw one of the most GORGEOUS Bettas I have ever seen- a red/white/pink dragonscale half-moon *Drools* but mum says no more fish... I'll have to do some persuading >.>

Oh, and in case some people come on here who saw my previous thread about a rescue boy, I went into the store to get him, but the owner said she took him home to care for him properly a while ago :)
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #2 
Myates

You can introduce that single girl down the road.. you have a bunch of girls, which should make bringing in another a bit easier. Just rearrange the plants a little bit when you introduce her and then keep an eye on them while she establishes her pecking order.

Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #3 
Stone

if your tank allows you can clip her cup in the tank and float her in it that way they will see her and kind of get used to her and vice versa and keeps her warm as well
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #4 
Elsewhere

I think I may add her later... Is adding her after a short time too much of a risk, though? Like, if I was to add her Sunday, could that just kill everyone? I've never really had issues with just adding fish before if they aren't from PetSmart, so I don't know... And cupping her might be bad because of the filter and the snails XD I think they would just climb right on up the cup and make themselves at home!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote