Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

At most stores you can get 10 gallons for about 14 dollars, granted you would need to get most other things like gravel/filter/heater/hood if you like and decorations.

On my dresser I have a 10 gallon and a 3 gallon. A good test is to sit on your dresser (if possible, i can't because mine is tall) but if you can that's a good way to tell if it's strong enough. A filled 10 gallon I believe is about 125 pounds when filled with water/gravel and other accessories.

Also a little side note, you cannot successfully cycle anything smaller than a 5 gallon tank and keep it stable. However this doesn't mean you can't keep anything in tanks that are smaller! It just means that you will do more water changes in a week which naturally disrupts the balance of the cycle. If you want to not do as many changes and just do the 1 25% water change per week, I highly suggest learning about the cycle. I know it's already been said here and not trying to lecture you or anything, I just want you to know the things I didn't know when I first was setting up my tanks and wish I had paid more attention to :)

Also, never be afraid to ask us anything here, no matter how silly you think it is! Good luck to you :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #12 
ANHEL123

50% in cycled tank with gravel vacuuming and filter media rinsing it better for any tank size. Check the link that i posted:) It always good idea to do extra water changes to keep long life for them.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote