Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #11 
Skyewillow

If it were me, I'd have piranhas or a dog faced puffer... but I'm weird.

You could always do some cichlids, maybe a blood parrot or something, and some small tetras as dithers?
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Or you could have a massive school of tetras/barbs/other schooling fish! I would totally do Rummynose Tetras because I've always love them!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #13 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
If it were me, I'd have piranhas or a dog faced puffer... but I'm weird.

You could always do some cichlids, maybe a blood parrot or something, and some small tetras as dithers?
Hahahaha then Im weird to! xD I was thinking puffer or piranhas too but my boyfriend said nothing that's a danger to others. I have a feel my fish rampage has lead my friends to believe Im building an army of fish hahahaha
Kittiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittiekins View Post
I have a feel my fish rampage has lead my friends to believe Im building an army of fish hahahaha
Lol, aren't we all?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #15 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

That's a tank any of us would love to have. You don't have endless possibilities, but you still have a lot of choices. Like Romad said, get a reading on your local water pH and hardness. This will help you narrow down some of your choices. If you have hard water, you could go with African cichlids. Or with soft water you could build an Amazon biotope! Just remember to research first!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #16 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
That's a tank any of us would love to have. You don't have endless possibilities, but you still have a lot of choices. Like Romad said, get a reading on your local water pH and hardness. This will help you narrow down some of your choices. If you have hard water, you could go with African cichlids. Or with soft water you could build an Amazon biotope! Just remember to research first!
Seeing how I've only had tanks at a 10gal lvl 100gal does seem endless to me. Haha and yea. I also have to research to find a good tank and price range to gonna be doing a lot of research! I thought I found someone to buy a tank from buy he hasn't responded so I don't even know if he still has it):
Old 04-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #17 
crowntaillove3

Omg I'm green with envy!!!! My dream is to get a 125 gallon saltwater, but I have a long time before that happens! One of the coolest things I've ever heard of someone doing was a 200 gallon tank with live plants and nothing but 200 neon tetras. That would be cool to do 100 neons and nothing else. But, if you really want to do some variety, I would suggest doing some chichlids. The best thing to do is research a ton and really think this through. Omg I don't know what I would do if I could have a 100 gallon! I was almost crying when I found out I could have a 15! Congrats and good luck! KEEP US POSTED!!!!!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #18 
Kittiekins

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
Omg I'm green with envy!!!! My dream is to get a 125 gallon saltwater, but I have a long time before that happens! One of the coolest things I've ever heard of someone doing was a 200 gallon tank with live plants and nothing but 200 neon tetras. That would be cool to do 100 neons and nothing else. But, if you really want to do some variety, I would suggest doing some chichlids. The best thing to do is research a ton and really think this through. Omg I don't know what I would do if I could have a 100 gallon! I was almost crying when I found out I could have a 15! Congrats and good luck! KEEP US POSTED!!!!!
I was thinking of doing a BUNCH of fancy guppies!!!! hahaha
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #19 
djembekah

lol.....i would really put a LOT Of thought into it. do your research, take your time deciding, realize how many times you'll change your mind before deciding.

also tropicalfishkeeping.com, which is the parent forum to this one, has TONS of fish profiles, information, people experienced with everything from tiny freshwater tanks to huuuuuge saltwater tanks. poke around on that site! you have the lame exact login info as bettafish.com

sorry if you've heard that before. it has lots of great info though!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #20 
Aoicat

I would get a couple hundred danios. Its so much fun to watch schooling fish when you have a lot of them in a tank.
Aoicat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excited, happy, large fish, possibilities, stoked