Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #11 
jdn2000ca

Ok now i have my readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. i have a 0(zero) = to yellow on the comparison card. According to instrucking sheet is is ok.

Todat water has warmed up to 23.5 C / 74 F. It is warmer that the usual as it is a very warm spring day up here in eastern canada to day.

Ant thing else i should test or look for?

Also the i am getting the bigger aquarium ready.
Thanks
Joe
jdn2000ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #12 
jdn2000ca

Hi Folks,
Just an update to the status of our little Betta. I just noticed a little white velvety spot on his back. Anyone have any ideas on what it may be. I will consult the diseases post to see it i can identifiy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Joe
Old 03-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #13 
jdn2000ca

Hi Folks,
Status update. Hi had the new aquarium all setup last night with heater filter and all. Today would of been the day for the switch to his new home...but he past away during the night. Had a bit of explaining to do ...to my 5 yrs old daughter...since it was given to her my her grandma. We will see waht my daughter wants to do next...if she wants another one know that we have a 4.5g aquarium all setup.....I will give her the time to decide...maybe i will suggest fish that are less complicated.....any one have any suggestions?

I want to thank all the members that took to time to help me in trying to resolve the issues this little Betta was going through. Thanks all.
Joe
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry to hear that your betta passed away! I know your daughter must feel very sad right now. I'm sure some of the forum members can advise you on what kind of fish to get should you choose not to get another betta. It could be that you just got a sickly betta. It wasn't anyone's fault... these things happen sometimes. Good luck with whatever fish you and your daughter decide to get.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #15 
Chicklet

Betta's is one of the easiest fish I find to care for and they have wonderful personalities.
I have alot of males and females. I tried them in community tanks and tanks with just there own kind for company.
One thing I learned about Betta's is they can be moody and Females will kill other males and females Especially Red Females if the mood so strikes them.... after spending alot of time experimenting with this I came to the conclusion Most Betta's are in fact happier in small 1 gallon tanks... Now some may disagree but I know what I see before my eyes.... I don't have just one or 2 as most do, After carefully watching my betta's in the one gallon tanks are more active, they show off and build bubblenest constantly verses the ones in bigger tanks....

I keep most in 1 gallon tanks with a lighted top, each has a floating plant and a planted plant a small castle a butterfly that attaches to the back glass, they oft times rest on this, Gravel that cycles the tanks and a temp stick which stays at a pretty constant temp of 80... They each have a bubble maker on a low bubble flow.....
These bettas are the most active all day long and I know their happy....

Guppies are also a lot of fun. and easy to raise, Plus if you want to have young they are live bearers,, there colors are endless and adds alot of beauty to a tank should one decide on Guppies...

Note: Betta's will kill Guppies...
Betta's are best housed alone.... Safest for everything concerned....
Bettas are truly amazing to watch...
Thats just my small two cents worth ....

Happy decisions for you and your daughter....

Last edited by Chicklet; 03-29-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote