Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #61601 
Laki

Why don't you call the police on her next time you know she's drinking?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #61602 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Why don't you call the police on her next time you know she's drinking?
My husband would get mad and if I didn't tell him it would eat at me. I'm a bad liar. I have backed off a lot because he feels that it isn't our business and it is his mother. I do worry she is going to kill someone or herself.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #61603 
LittleBettaFish

I think if you know she has been drinking and is out there driving you should call the police. Family or not. Mad husband or not.

My younger brother drove drunk and smashed into a tree with his best friend in the passenger seat a while back. Luckily they were both alright and mostly escaped unharmed, but they could have killed either themselves or someone else easily that night.

I will never forget my mum's face when the police came to the door to tell her that my brother had head injuries. She went to that hospital not even knowing if my brother was going to be permanently disabled.

I hate drink driving. It is one of the most irresponsible things I think someone can do. I think you have a moral obligation if you know someone is out there drink driving to at least contact the police and see what can be done about it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #61604 
Shirleythebetta

right, I should and I do know better. I am 26. I just need to figure out how to do it when she is driving since I never know where she is. She is never home anyway so I could call the police for nothing. She works very long hours and is travels to different cities. I also don't want to cause problems in my marriage. That is important but opinions are opinions.I dispise drinking and smoking as doing both have killed very dear family members health wise but he has not experienced this enough to understand. And, he feels strongly about staying out of peoples business so that is a nasty hurdle, However, this was a bad thing to bring up on here and it is too sensitive of a subject but I do appreciate the advice and it does help me decide what I should do but I won't discuss this further. Thanks all.

But another subject. does anyone know how do get rid of skunk spray smell naturally? Also, anyone know any good bait for a skunk in a live trap? It isn't taking the meat.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #61605 
LittleBettaFish

I remember reading about tomato juice being used to get rid of skunk smell?

But not 100% sure as no skunks here fortunately.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #61606 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I remember reading about tomato juice being used to get rid of skunk smell?

But not 100% sure as no skunks here fortunately.
Hmm, I wonder about watering it down and spraying it around the outside of the house. But that would bring ants I think. I will research it though. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #61607 
bettasareawesome

Does crushing pellets effect the nutrient sin them? Just a random question.

How would a sorarity of juvenile bettas work?
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #61608 
LittleBettaFish

I don't think it would.

Depends if your sorority is truly all females. I had a sorority of quite young females (one turned out to be male) and they all lived together extremely well. Because they grew up together they rarely fought and aside from Mrs Derp who used to get in everyone's face and annoy them, it was one of the most successful sororities I had.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #61609 
bettasareawesome

The male worked in the sorarity? What if you added a small girl along with the babys? Would they age diffrence be a problem? And that is a hilarious name Mrs. Derp.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #61610 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah he worked in that sorority and then about a year later when he was with the original group and other females I had added over time, I found him practically dead with all his fins torn off. It was completely out of the blue, which is why I never ever recommend people keep 'oops' males in with their sororities.

It all comes down to your set-up and the personality of your females as to whether or not a slightly older female is going to get along with juveniles. Most younger females are not as aggressive or territorial as older females, so it is a lot easier to make the transition into sorority life.

That was Mrs Derp. She had no idea about proper fish manners and so used to invade everyone's personal bubble leading to her getting chased around a lot.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese