Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

There are many different things to do for CO2. Well first you could just dose liquid ferts and see how that keeps you. For my 33 I will soon be setting up a DIY CO2 system with the soda bottles, the only thing I'm waiting for is the co2 diffuser. The only thing with that is that you have to keep up with making the new recipe every week, but shouldn't be too much of a problem since I do a water change every week anyway :)

I suggest buying plants off of ThatPetPlace.com, it's where I got most of my plants that didn't come from Petco. They have reasonable shipping prices and a very good variety of plants. Even the packages are fairly decent and the plants that you get in are in great shape. (If I had more money I'd be buying more plants from there lol)

You can search google for DIY Co2 systems or if you have the funds I would just look up a regular system and research exactly how to works and all the parts. The main parts are: diffuser/reactor, bubble counter, regulator and then the CO2 bottle itself. Hope this helps a bit!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #12 
Clue

Thank you so much I'll defiantly look into it. I'll see what I'll do with the next paycheck first before anything really happens. Oddly enough the only plants that seem to flourish for me are those darn betta bulbs haha.
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #13 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol really?! I can NEVER get bulbs to work for me >< I'm not patient enough I think haha. So I'm waiting on my difusser and once it arrives I'll show you my system if you like when it's all set up :D Plants have always fascinated me, almost more than fish....almost, but not quite haha. I just really love the look of NPT's, almost can't stand the ones with pink gravel and the little ornaments. I think it's just because we had that when I was a kid so I got sick of seeing it haha But I don't mind if people have them anyway, whatever tickles their fancy!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #14 
JandE Pets

im interested in seeing your setup because im going to be trying a new method of breeding.
JandE Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #15 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

JandE Pets have you seen our thread here for breeders ...You can post any questions or ideas you have there . Best of luck to you on breeding.

Here is the link to that area

http://www.bettafish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #16 
Clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Lol really?! I can NEVER get bulbs to work for me >< I'm not patient enough I think haha. So I'm waiting on my difusser and once it arrives I'll show you my system if you like when it's all set up :D Plants have always fascinated me, almost more than fish....almost, but not quite haha. I just really love the look of NPT's, almost can't stand the ones with pink gravel and the little ornaments. I think it's just because we had that when I was a kid so I got sick of seeing it haha But I don't mind if people have them anyway, whatever tickles their fancy!
Yes I would love to see it when it's done and set up :) plants are weird and personally if the bulb doesn't grow with in a few weeks I toss them haha it's that patience thing haha I guess I've just been really lucky with them. Yeah I originally got blue gravel but after putting the plants in I almost regret it wishing I used a natural color but oh well it works for its purpose and maybe I'll eventually change it to sand
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yes! I love sand!!! My 33 and 5.5 are both sand right now and when I find some more money I'm going to switch my other three tanks to sand as well (10 gal, and two 3 gals)

So yeah, still waiting for my difusser to come in.

Last edited by Perseusmom; 04-28-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Had to edit out link from another forum