Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #1 
percyfyshshelley

Rescue with pix and happy ending

A couple months ago a betta at petland caught my eye, but I ended up taking home another one instead. I almost bought him several more times over the next few weeks, but always ended up taking home another betta that seemed to need me more. Then a few weeks ago, I was back in the store and saw him floating on his side in his cup. I thought he was dead and felt terrible that I hadnt bought him! But he was still alive and home with me he went that day. He improved rapidly, but then broke with ick. I treated that with help from this forum. And now he is doing great! He was labeled as a metallic dragon scale. I don't think he's either one. I named him Sage. PS is he a metallic dragon scale?
In his cup.

In QT tank, sad and clamped.

Feeling much better! Going into big tank soon.

percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #2 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Go Sage! :D Great job on the rescue. It's a shame your Petland doesn't take good care of their bettas. The one near my place is quite fantastic, and my new girl was less of a rescue, more of an adoption. ;) Couldn't resist though.
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #3 
sareena79

very pretty!!! cant wait to see more pix :) wish I could help w/the type question but Im still learning myself
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #4 
percyfyshshelley

Yea noodle, my petland in lethbridge takes deplorable care of their bettas. Petsmart does better, and Homes Alive does the best. Theres also a small local shop that has their bettas in larger bowls. Petland always has the best selection, but I think they stay on the shelf a long time because they are expensive. Sage was $19 and change. I'm glad your petland does better!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #5 
sareena79

dang! mine cost me $20 including shipping...thats crazy they charge that much and especially for a fish in that shape....but Im glad u got him/her ;)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #6 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Yeah. Tiny Tina was $7 and each bowl was clean as heck. The guy takes great pride in his care of the fish department. :D
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote