Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 
Backlash

I would like to introduce my boys.

Hi everyone..

I just thought i'd take the time to introduce my boys..

First up we have Tannon..

Jaffa.

Fin.

Elton.. (Elton has a pink tinge to his fins that doesnt show up that well in the photos)

Blue..
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

They are all gorgeous. I hope to find one like your first boy this weekend when I go fish shopping. I do love the picture of Fin though. He looks like he's going to karate chop me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #3 
a123andpoof

Very pretty!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #4 
thekoimaiden

Welcome! I know it seems like you got off to a bad start in the other thread, but we hope you'll stick around.

You've got some really good-looking boys there. My first betta looked just like your Blue. Love that color blue.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #5 
Backlash

So here we are, 15 months on, and I thought it time for an update..

Tannon, Blue and Fin are all doing well, and are now full grown males.. Sadly Elton and Jaffa passed away last month, exact cause unknown..

This left me with two spare tanks, so after waiting a month to ensure that I didnt have any further losses of their tankmates, it was time to start shopping for some new fishy friends..

Please let me introduce my two new boys......

Casper..

Casper is a relative young (judging by his size) extremely inquisitive male crowntail.. At this point in time he is almost pure white, although I fear that may change as he gets older..

Noah..

Noah, is an extremely active VT.. I cannot be 100% sure that he is a VT, as the the girls at my LFS told me that he went visiting his tankmates (twice), and as a result lost a lot of his finnage.. In the shop he looked red and white, so you can imagine my surprise when I got him home and under the tank light to see that the white parts of his fins are in fact blue.. Again, I cant wait to see how his colours develop as he grows..

Last edited by Backlash; 04-22-2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #6 
PooterFish

I love Casper! He looks like he's got a little green in him, so he may change but its interesting to see how they develop :) Sorry for your losses, and good luck with these two they're beautiful
PooterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #7 
JadeAngel

Noah looks like a veilt teil to me :)

Visiting his tank mates, huh? How are they kept at your local LPS? Just curious to know how he did that, lol :)

Casper is lovely, I saw his doppleganger at a walmart lat week n.n
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #8 
Backlash

My LFS has a great (IMO) way of storing its Batta's.. The system is a little difficult to describe, I really need to get a pic of it..

It basically it looks a bit like this pic, only instead of tanks, it has individual containers that can be removed when the Betta is purchased.. The individual containers are only small, but each one continually receives clean water from the (10 gallon+) catch tank / filter that sits below the display stand.. This tank also holds the heater..

The one at my LFS has 4 tiers, with about 8 containers on each tier.. I made comment to the store owners how good it was, and mentioned tht the only thing that would make it better was if the containers were a little larger.. They agreed, but reminded me that it is only tempoary housing, and that they wont be in there long.. It was full on Friday afternoon when I bought Casper and Noah, and today (They are closed Mondays) it only had 6 fish in it, and they were the $25.00+ each Dragon's etc..

Cheers
Old 04-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #9 
Goodbettabest

Lovely boys! Casper looks a lot like my boy Butterscotch, except Butta is a halfmoon
Goodbettabest is offline   Reply With Quote