Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

Bettas Have Personality Video Contest! (Promoting betta welfare)

This contest is approved by Sakura8 and the moderator team. However, BettaFish.com contest and the forum staff are not involved in any way.

This contest will use Youtube as the platform. The idea behind this contest is improve betta welfare. I'd like you to show that bettas are not “just a fish” that they have personality, enjoy bigger tanks and can be absolutely great companions given the chance.
What I hope will happen when the contest is over are two things:
  • People see your video on youtube when searching for info on bettas
  • You will also upload the videos to your cell phones and start showing them to pet store employees and to potential betta buyers in the store to encourage better care and conditions for them. Video is a brief and fun format everyone can enjoy and is perfect to start a dialogue.
The personality part is what I strongly want to show in your videos. Your intro on youtube should talk about your fish and mention the ideal tank conditions, mention they should have heaters and the other ideals we strive for to have happy and healthy bettas. The video can be up to 2:30 min. You can use music but it must come from the Youtube video editor list so that it's certain the music is approved for use on Youtube. There are thousands of songs you should be able to find something you like.

So get those cameras out and start filming! Show us how wonderful and cute your betas are! Show how excited they are to interact with you! You can use more than one betta but it’s suggested that you use less fish for a more focused theme. You must own the bettas shown. The contest will run until May 10th so you will have plenty of time to get great clips edit them if needed and submit them. I’d like two more judges if possible if anyone wants to volunteer.

The prizes are: First place: $10 amazon.com egift gift card (you provide your email) so you can buy more stuff for your betta! 2nd place: Indian almonds c+ grade from Amy on ebay (about $7.00 value) Third place; a Betta bumper Sticker (or laptop whatever you want to stick it on) from CafePress.com $4.25 category economy shipping. You can pick the betta sticker so long as it falls into that price category. For the 2nd and third place prizes you would need to PM your address to me. I will send the order confirmation number after the orders are completed. The indian almond leave are coming from Singapore and can take two weeks or so to arrive. There is no intent to promote any website in mentioning prizes it's simply to let you know what you will recieve.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #2 
crystalicethorn

Sounds interesting. Thought trying to squeeze my bettas personality into a 2:30 min long video will be tough!
crystalicethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

What is this Youtube list of music that is mentioned? I've never heard of it and I just use random songs off my itunes and whatnot. Is it possible to give a link to this? I think this is great idea as well! When I look at Youtube it's not too many healthy Betta's or knowledgeable people unless you look for something specific.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

I made the video time short because you have a short time to catch a busy person's attention in a store that you probably don't know. If you go a little over you won't get dinged but try to keep it very short with the purpose in consideration.
There isn't a link you must be signed into your account to see it. Here are pictures of what you will see: You will click on edit after your video is uploaded

Once you have clicked on edit at the top of your screen you will see audio with a musical note next to it click on on audio and to the right some songs will come up in different catagories. At the bottom there is a search area to allow you to search for more music. For anyone new to this search Youtube for videos on how to make a Youtube video, edit a Youtube video, Video Manager ect you will get more pointers.

Last edited by jadaBlu; 04-23-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

But can't I just edit it and add music and stuff before I upload it? It's what I do with my other videos. I couldn't possibly think of what YouTube might think as "inappropriate" music!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #6 
jadaBlu

If you own the rights to the music you can use it. Since the videos will be posted on this forum we want to follow some basic rules. If you use the music listed on the Youtube list it approved for your use and there are no copywright issues. Thus the video will always be out there for enjoyment and education of betta owners and never get flagged or be forced to be taken down. The other advantage to using Youtube for music is it will enable someone who less experienced with making videos to add music in minutes. You can click a few buttons and walk away and come back and it's all done for you.

Last edited by jadaBlu; 04-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's cool and all and I completely understand, definitely easier for those who aren't as verse with editing. But I've had plenty of videos up with random music off my itunes and never had a problem? Never even heard of someone getting in trouble for using music in their video. Or should I just stop talking and let everyone follow the rules? Lol sorry to be a bother.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #8 
jadaBlu

Because we are on this forum lets stick with the list. I want to sure we post material people can say is theirs.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #9 
jadaBlu

I am going to extend the contest until May 31st to give ample time for people to participate.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #10 
registereduser

Great idea, with all the talent in this forum should be fun!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote