Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #1 
daisychains

Smile my fish is bored?

hi! i have a fish and he lives in a five gallon tank but the tank looks very roomy. he is not a whole lot aggressive and lately i saw that he had been sitting at the bottom of the tank more than usual. he seems so bored and i want to do something about it. so i did a little research and found that bettas can be compatible with some snails! im not really sure what snails, but i found out that my local pet store sells them. so, i was wondering what types of snails are compatible, what they need to eat, how to introduce them to a tank/betta, etc. i came here because i know some people have knowledge about this and also i didnt really know where else to search. well, thanks!!
daisychains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #2 
WolfHhowling

I know people on here keep there betta's with netiles, mystery apple snails.

From my understanding, you just treat them like a fishy. They eat algae, you can get them wafers if there isn't enough in your tank. You can give them blanched spinach, zucchini, and they will some times eat left over betta food too.

Does that help?

Also if hes bored, you cold also train him to do tricks. He he. I trained my betta to go by voice commands. he worked for his supper and was a very fast learner because of it. ( he still got fed every day mind you) you can teach them to go through hoops, swim up and down on command, come when they are called, put a ping pong ball in there... also there are some fish games you can play with your betta, you just half to look them up.

Last edited by WolfHhowling; 04-23-2013 at 11:37 PM.
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #3 
SheilaandherBettas

Bored Betta

If it's a 5 gallon, you could divide the tank and get him a buddy. I have two ten gallons, divided into 3 compartments with diy dividers. There's a little flaring at first, but after a short time everyone settles in. Throughout the day they check on each other, run border patrols, flare up to show they can. It keeps them busy and they seem to enjoy it.
SheilaandherBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #4 
bettacrazygirl86

My bettas live with zebra nerite snails. They don't bother them, and the snails are VERY efficient!
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
companion, compatability, snail, snails