Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #11 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I think they're doing it automatically now, actually, the boxes we shipped this afternoon came with it.

Also, That price is also the same for a box with a plush or two inside.
Sweet, But i better check with my post office, there a bit picky...

They really annoy me when it comes down to some things.
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #12 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHhowling View Post
Sweet, But i better check with my post office, there a bit picky...

They really annoy me when it comes down to some things.
Do you have a kitchen scale or mail scale? As long as you have a sensitive scale to accurately tell the weight (round up by the ounce) then the post office can't say anything about printed labels. They can only say something about size and weight issues :)
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #13 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
Do you have a kitchen scale or mail scale? As long as you have a sensitive scale to accurately tell the weight (round up by the ounce) then the post office can't say anything about printed labels. They can only say something about size and weight issues :)
I live right next to the post office. They literally share my parking lot.
So going there to have them weigh something is no big deal, I have done it countless times.

I don't have a printer.... nor paypal.

I am also looking at something like 3 bucks to ship to CA. Heck it might be so light, I could slap two postage stamps on it, and be like shipping is a buck lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #14 
Skyewillow

no cereal boxes, they're too flimsy. poptart boxes are fine. Paint or turn inside out. If you re-use a priority box, you'll have to pay the priority rate. Cut costs wherever you can and recycle lol. Plastic grocery bags make excellent packing material.

That's what we do, and it helps me keep my costs down for my customers. Customers love low costs.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 AM   #15 
JadeAngel

Skyewillow is right, lots of cushioning. Clay sculptures are rather fragile to mail abuse.

I made a polymer clay betta and dropped it (thanks to my cat for tripping me -.-) and the tail broke. Fixed without incident, but still... it's really easy to brake if it's not well cushioned.

The likely cost will be $2-$3. My figures cost about $2.10 each to send before... if memory serves me correctly as I haven't relisted them in a couple of months, and they were only 1-2 ounces max.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #16 
Skyewillow

JadeAngel, mine fell off of the top of my desk and broke WHEN I CAUGHT IT! ugh!

Anyway, my fiance and I send and receive packages almost daily, we know how to ship safely, effectively, and the most important, eco-friendly!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #17 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
JadeAngel, mine fell off of the top of my desk and broke WHEN I CAUGHT IT! ugh!

Anyway, my fiance and I send and receive packages almost daily, we know how to ship safely, effectively, and the most important, eco-friendly!
Don't worry, Plastic bags don't get thrown away in my house,they get used to pack, used as garbage bags, used as lunch boxes... you name it lol.

My clay isn't quite as Breakable then most other clay. Plus I make everything thinker then what some people do. I have actually dropped snowmen with twig arms, and they don't even so much as crack with this stuff.

but yes I was planning on using bags and some toilet paper so that certain parts get a bit more cushion.

There only two inches at max long, so Pop tart box is really big lol. But i have a hole big load of Cardboard, if push comes to shove I can actually make my own box lol. I also know how to make my own padded envelopes too. I will give you a hint it involves lots of trash bags.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #18 
Skyewillow

I made a sculpture of my EE, and the "ears are very thin... and a pain in my butt, they've both broken, but, I am the queen of super gluing stuff back together (used to have destructo-cats), so I fixed him.

Anyway, let me know when you decide on a price, I'm thinking about ordering one of these of the girl I'm bidding for on AB with the dished face.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #19 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
I made a sculpture of my EE, and the "ears are very thin... and a pain in my butt, they've both broken, but, I am the queen of super gluing stuff back together (used to have destructo-cats), so I fixed him.

Anyway, let me know when you decide on a price, I'm thinking about ordering one of these of the girl I'm bidding for on AB with the dished face.
No problem. I know i will have everything figured tomorrow no problem.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #20 
Skyewillow

h'oki doki... I'll be stalking this thread throughout the day. Once I catch back up with hoe far back she's setting my pocket book, I'll probably order. lol