Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #31 
Skyewillow

If we don't get any more contestants soon, I'll have to show you all the world's most aesthetically challenged guppy! Don't make me do it, Crit will make your back hurt just looking at her!

(for the record, Crit is my favorite guppy in the entire universe! <3 )
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #32 
Syriiven

She means bsns prople. Srsbsns.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #33 
Skyewillow

SRS BSNS! -glare-

So yea, please enter! lol
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #34 
carbonxxkidd

So do rescue bettas count? I have one (in my avatar) who was in pretty rough shape when I got him, but now he's beautiful...
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #35 
Syriiven

I think for all entries we take under consideration based on the situation. If you could give us the story on how you chose him, that'd help us decide.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #36 
quietlythundering

I definitely plan on entering tonight! It's between my blind betta, Ray Charles, and Fiorenzo, a rescue that passed on.
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #37 
Syriiven

Looking forward to it!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #38 
xShainax

This is Jaws' story. We went to Petsmart to buy dog treats and my parents let me buy a betta. I found a beautiful DS DeT who had a little bit of fin melt so I decided to rescue him, then I saw this pathetic little blue VT betta who bit his tail almost to a nub so I got him too. I bought a little one gallon aquarium with a tiny heater for the little betta who I dubbed Jaws since he was aggressive the moment I put him in the tank. He tried going after his reflection and flared every time I got out my blue Nintendo DSi to take pictures of him which was hilarious since I got a picture of him that looked like the frilled dinosaur thingy from the first Jurassic Park movie. I had so much fun watching his tail start to grow out, then one day, after taking a shower, I couldn't find him in his little tank so I looked everywhere for him hoping that I could save him if he jumped out. I saw my cat eating something and to my horror I saw that it was Jaws. He must've jumped out where my cat got him. I never left my door open ever again afraid of a repeat performance
Attached Images

xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #39 
carbonxxkidd

Well, as I was setting up my sorority in late December/early January I went to Petsmart very frequently over a few weeks time (almost every day). I was looking for females, but naturally looked at all the bettas. There was this one really sad looking dragon scale boy who never moved. His cup was in the same spot every time I went there, right in the middle of the rack, and he just layed on the bottom of his cup very clamped and very sad. Upon closer inspection, he had what looked to be balls of fungus on the tips of all of his fins, almost looking like drops of glue on each fin. After about two weeks of seeing him there, I brought him up to one of the employees, told them he was sick and asked if I could get a discount on him so I could take him home and make him feel better. They told me that they couldn't sell sick fish and that they were going to put him in the back for treatment and to call in a few days and check on him. I called two days later and he was still there. They said on the phone that he was "all better." I went to the store to see for myself, and his cup was back in the same spot it had always been and his condition was exactly the same. I was so mad that I grabbed him, paid for him, and stormed out. The ammonia in his cup was off the charts. He was slowly acclimated to a heated 2.5g tank with FRESH water, AQ salt, and some jungle fungus clear. He swam around slowly for the first day, occasionally rubbing up on the plant in his tank and was very clamped. The next day, he was unclamped and seemed to be doing much better. He still refused food, but I had faith. I brought him home some live daphnia from work which definitely stimulated his appetite. By day 3, he started flaring in a mirror for me and was basically a different fish. After about two weeks of medication, he was introduced to his NPT where he currently resides.

Here are some videos of him when I first got him:
http://youtu.be/fLZ6n3bu1xw - When he was still clamped and sad
http://youtu.be/2yIPH_Tg8dc - Starting to feel better
http://youtu.be/iddnQc2gcSY - Right after being introduced to his new NPT

He went from this:

To this:

And this is him yesterday in his little jungle:

He is very special to me. I'm so glad I took that leap and took him home after weeks of basically watching him suffer.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #40 
Syriiven

Wow, those are both fantastic I think! And definitely viable entris.

I'm so sorry about Jaws, I remember that story -haunts the forum-. Sorry for you loss.

Welcome both of you to the contest.