Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #21 
ao
TFK Moderator

There are many sensitive issues that are being discussed in here. I have a few requests for those continuing the discussion:

Please keep the discussion civil and free of accusations and stereotyping.
Do not give examples of eating any meats other than those socially acceptable in the USA. This includes smells, visual description and taste.

There has already been a complaint about this discussion making a member feel sick.

Thank you for your co-operation
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #22 
isochronism

I maybe a bit of a hypocrite because I do eat some meat and some fish, but I could never bring myself to hunt or fish. I actually stopped eating meat for over a year because of ethical or moral reason, but I felt I was missing something in my diet.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #23 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkadot View Post
You have obviously never owned and loved a dog if you think it is ok in any way.
I have a dog and three cats. I grew up with them. Good for you being a vegetarian. I can't become one since I have really bad iron deficiency

Last edited by ao; 04-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #24 
ao
TFK Moderator

Please be civil. If there are any more posts that will need editing this thread will be closed.

Thank You
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #25 
bniebetta

This is kind of a side topic of this issue, but I just want to say that I think part of the problem with animal products is that the public is no long involved in every aspect of bringing food to the table. Very few people are able to sustain themselves solely; it just is not practical for most people to grow and farm everything they need. I feel like there was more respect and understanding in the days that you actually had to live off of the things on your own farm, put work into it, and make sure nothing was wasted. Now, our food comes to us already cut, cleaned and packaged, which makes it easier to be ignorant of the sometimes cruel circumstances that it comes from. I think one way that we, vegetarian or not, can prevent this form happening is simply to be aware of where our food comes from and the quality of it, and show the industry what we really want and think is okay. I think just as much effort and uniqueness from the universe goes into growing plant material, and it is an equal amount of destruction when we consume plants and we need to realize that. Plants may be different from animals, but we need to realize that nothing is disposable and appreciate it as best we can.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #26 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Please be civil. If there are any more posts that will need editing this thread will be closed.

Thank You
They are being civil as far as I can tell. If a member finds this topic sensitive, then the member should remove his or herself from the situation and not read past the first page, but not complain about it in order to have a civil thread closed. Just because one member complains doesn't mean the thread is bad or unsuitable. Personal responsibilituy goes a long way. You should take a look at the pitbull thread in the finless friends. If ever a thread needed to be closed, its that one.

Carry on omnivores and herbivores.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #27 
xShainax

xD I just started nomming on a salad. Yaaay vegetables. \(^_^)/
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #28 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
They are being civil as far as I can tell. If a member finds this topic sensitive, then the member should remove his or herself from the situation and not read past the first page, but not complain about it in order to have a civil thread closed. Just because one member complains doesn't mean the thread is bad or unsuitable. Personal responsibilituy goes a long way. You should take a look at the pitbull thread in the finless friends. If ever a thread needed to be closed, its that one.

Carry on omnivores and herbivores.
I had edited some of the previous coments - which included unacceptable language - in order to allow this conversation to continue.

Thank you for notifying us of the pitbull thread. I will bring it to the attention of the moderating team and it will be discussed.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #29 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I had edited some of the previous coments - which included unacceptable language - in order to allow this conversation to continue.

Thank you for notifying us of the pitbull thread. I will bring it to the attention of the moderating team and it will be discussed.
Thanks Ao! Unacceptable language is just that, unacceptable and can ruin it for all of us.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #30 
isochronism

I am on my third rescue APBT, spanning over 30 years. I have heard the horror stories, but they are a sad fact of life.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote