Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #31 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I had edited some of the previous coments - which included unacceptable language - in order to allow this conversation to continue.

Thank you for notifying us of the pitbull thread. I will bring it to the attention of the moderating team and it will be discussed.
That explains my confusion then. You're fast at editing! but if the editing issue is just foul language, I'm glad you're on top of it.

Using offensive words really just turns a civil debate into a childish fight, we don't need that. I enjoy this forum because of the level of maturity it tends to follow

Even those that I disagree with so far, I respect so long as they use respectful language and don't get all huffy and condescending.

BnieBetta, I agree with you. It's because we are totally oblivious and carefree as to how our food is handled and prepared that we tend to turn a blind eye, or just not try to educate ourselves. I have become more aware lately as 2 of my friends are VERY aware of their foods and constantly posting stuff on facebook that is friendly but challenging. One is a vegan, the other is not. You don't have to only eat greens to wise up about food
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #32 
trilobite

In NZ there was a big debate about a family who ate their dog. The dog was killed humanely and roasted on the bbq. IMO eat what you want (except humans lol) as long as its kept in humane conditions for its life and killed quickly then its fine.
If everyone was vegan the environment would be screwed (using up waay more space for agriculture). Diversity in what we eat is fine, just don't force opinions and morals onto others.

In schools here if one kid is allergic to nuts then no one in their class is allowed to bring nuts to school. What do they think would happen? the allergy kid goes around stealing nuts from other kids or the classmates are feeding him nuts and the kid is eating them... Its ridiculous.
I had friends who were allergic to all kinds of foods at primary school, they simply didnt eat the things they were allergic too. What probably happened was one allergy kid ate a nut, mum got angry, threw a hissy and complained and now no one is able to eat nuts....lol anyway theres my rant for the day
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #33 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
That explains my confusion then. You're fast at editing! but if the editing issue is just foul language, I'm glad you're on top of it.

Using offensive words really just turns a civil debate into a childish fight, we don't need that. I enjoy this forum because of the level of maturity it tends to follow

Even those that I disagree with so far, I respect so long as they use respectful language and don't get all huffy and condescending.
We are also a family friendly forum ^__^ i also took out some other things that this discussion could do without ;)

Did you know we're also affiliated with a dog forum? :D
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #34 
xShainax

I am a part of the dog forum. \(^_^)/
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #35 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post
In NZ there was a big debate about a family who ate their dog. The dog was killed humanely and roasted on the bbq. IMO eat what you want (except humans lol) as long as its kept in humane conditions for its life and killed quickly then its fine.
If everyone was vegan the environment would be screwed (using up waay more space for agriculture). Diversity in what we eat is fine, just don't force opinions and morals onto others.

In schools here if one kid is allergic to nuts then no one in their class is allowed to bring nuts to school. What do they think would happen? the allergy kid goes around stealing nuts from other kids or the classmates are feeding him nuts and the kid is eating them... Its ridiculous.
I had friends who were allergic to all kinds of foods at primary school, they simply didnt eat the things they were allergic too. What probably happened was one allergy kid ate a nut, mum got angry, threw a hissy and complained and now no one is able to eat nuts....lol anyway theres my rant for the day
In defense of the peanut allergy, some people are so extremely deathly allergic to peanuts, that even accidentally touching someone's hand who has touched a peanut and not washed their hands can trigger the allergy.

I had a cousin (well, really friend of the family I grew up with that we lost contact with years ago) that was very allergic to peanuts... but only to the degree that she could not eat them. That's bad, but not so bad that touching one could kill her. However my other cousins have a neighbor who's son is so deathly allergic and even got severe reactions if he came in contact with them (without eating them)

So it's actually probably not over an angry mom, rather fear for the child. If my daughter had that allergy that severely, heck yeah I'd rather her 20 class mates not get peanut butter for lunch than risk her life for the typical carelessness of children. Then again..... I'd probably just homeschool her if she had a bad allergy like that

@aokashi, that certainly explains the temperature of this discussion I love that this is so family friendly, keep up the good job!

I saw someone mention a pitbull thread and I'm like ooooooh no! I'm staying away from that! lol, there are just some subjects that seem to always get out of control. Since I tend to be on the fence about a lot of things, I get jumped from both sides. Safer for me to watch from the sidelines

Last edited by JadeAngel; 04-25-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #36 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
Since I tend to be on the fence
*Imagines you on fence....
*grins
*gives an "accidental" push
>.>
<.<

*runs away

I love metaphors, lol!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #37 
JadeAngel

Quote:
*grins
>.>
<.<

*runs away

I love metaphors, lol!
Is it towards or away from the side with the pitbulls?
as long as there's something soft to land on! and it doesn't yelp, hahaha

sry, couldn't resist hehehe
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #38 
ao
TFK Moderator

is this like the situation where you're on a boat ad there's hungry sharks on both sides? except ur on a fence with hungry dogs on both sides? :D
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #39 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
*grins
>.>
<.<

*runs away