Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #361 
AyalaCookiejar

Well this is not a tear, its a missing chunk that grew larger. They have VitaChem in their tank, though. All the normal straight split tears have healed in a day or so. The dragon girls are the only ones who haven't had significant damage.

Also some good news: I think that safestart worked on Bahari's tank and he and Nero are not subject to any ammonia or nitrites :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #362 
AyalaCookiejar

So I'm glad my Nerite seems to have perked up. This morning I saw her patrolling the gravel for the first time ever. She usually sticks to the glass. I'd like to get one for the sorority tank. I really hope that the girls won't attack it too much, though. I'm wondering if ramshorns would be good but I know that they'd overpopulate with the amount of algae in there right now. At least it seems to be staying on the silk plants and not on the live ones.

The LFS in Lincoln sells them. I liked them on facebook and asked if they had them and they do. I know they have a lot of saltwater tanks so I'm wondering if their nerites are in a saltwater or brackish water tank, which means I would have to acclimate one to freshwater. We will see how that goes. It will be awhile before I'll have time to make an hour drive up there. -_-
Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #363 
Syriiven

I moved both my nerites into the sorority and the girls ignore them for the most part. Mortis, my black mystery, hasn't been so lucky, but he's learned to hide away from them. Nerites thankfully dont have long feelers so are less attractive while active to a betta. Aside from Kalec pestering Gary for the longest time >> But different fish have different personalities too.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #364 
AyalaCookiejar

My girls are all pretty active. They like to chase te laser pointer and won't stay away from my hands, lol. They also chase the gravel when the gravel vac stirs it up inside of the tube. In hoping I can add in the snail and distract them with food and the laser pointer while I do so, lol, so at least he can get in there without immediately being pestered.

I really need to just stick my hands in there and loo away and let them nip me to get used to it because I'm still scared to put my hands in there, lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #365 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, and also, I know I said no more decor besides silk plants awhile back, but I found this cute little castle that just went perfectly with the colors in Bahari's tank... So now he has a castle, lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #366 
Syriiven

My girls go for my beauty marks all the time when I'm syphoning out water. You could wait till they're asleep then add the snail during the night. Then they'll wake up and he's already apart of the environment.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #367 
AyalaCookiejar

That is a good idea. Thank you :)

Random sad news: my brother bought me a kitty shirt for my birthday and I had to throw it away today because a leak in my closet caused some mold to grow on some of my clothes and it ate holes in the fabric of that shirt :(

A few other peices of clothing were thrown out but I'm at least trying to save one of the newer shirts I bought not too long ago for senior pictures and one of the only jackets that I own, lol.

Darn mold. I was actually unaware that mold could eat holes in fabric (yeah I know, I know). No more leaving clothes on the floor. I just have limited closet space, can't really fit a second clothes basket in there and don't want clothes laying around my room since I'm a neat freak when it comes to looking organized, everything gets shoved in my closet.

I guess it was an opportunity to get rid of some clothes I never wear. I always feel like I should save them for something but most either don't fit me or I just don't want to wear them, ha. I also don't have much more room for CLEAN clothes to fit in my closet so I usually leave about half of them dirty.

I need an intervention or something.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #368 
AyalaCookiejar

I just photoshopped my dog into Dog Fancy.

Whaddup.

IT'S NICE OUTSIDE TODAY AND WE'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO GO ON A WALK LATER!! :)

<3 my brodog.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #369 
AyalaCookiejar

Daihatsu, my little jumper, jumped out of the dang tank today and flopped around on my desk. I cupped my hands around her and she flopped into my hand and I put her back in. She seems to still be acting okay and doesn't have any damage.

Didn't give me as big of a heart attack as Bahari did even though I had to actually pick her up. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to touching them but I got her back in in a timely fashion after a mini freak out of "what do I do!?!?!"

I'm glad she was flopping around because I was afraid to try to pick her up from fear of squishing her. She's okay, though. Hope she's learned a lesson :p

I wasn't kidding when I said I hope none of the others become jumpers. I kind of forsaw this happening.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #370 
AyalaCookiejar

Came in the mail today :)