Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

If you've handy,built an AQ stand please look want to make second tier need pointers

I want to add two three more tanks to the bottom of this stand. I don't really want to use the stand persay but build second second shelf with the plywood you see and some more wood. I will paint all wood black. I want leave some space to maintain the aquariums. I wish I could have sliding shelf out on casters to clean them but I don't think that is possible. I hope to leave space under the 2-3 aquariums for some pull out canvas drawers to store some aquarium supplies. How much wood support will I need under the aquarium shelf? What size should I use? If you have any design ideas please let me know. I've included pictures of the set up and a rough drawing of my idea (very rough done in powerpoint)
These are 5 gallons-I was doing a large tank but that got nixed last night. I am still happy a majority of my fish will be in one place.

jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #2 
jadaBlu

The stand itself is metal btw. The wood top is added because it's 13.5 inches wide the tanks are 16 L" by 8W" by 10 H they are actually 5.5 gallons. The stand is 48.5 Long and 29 High.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote