Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #11 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHhowling View Post
Ouch, just make sure you include shipping in with what you charge. Ok. That way your not put out. :)
I plan to. :) Plus, I gotta get some money saved up for stuff for college and to buy some fishy meds, since my LFS will be super far away once I go to college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
nerites are $3-$4 each at the store. shipping can be $12-$15. it's worth it if you really can't find any locally.

maybe you can sell some back to a LFS or get store credit.

Don't count your snails before they are hatched, though!
I got my nerites for about $2, so if I were to charge for the babies, I was thinking about asking for anywhere between $0.50 to $1 depending on the size and how generous my buyers want to be. :)

I might look into selling some back to my LFS though! I don't know if they would take them, but it would be nice to get some store credit.

There are a lot of them, so I'm hoping most will hatch and be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Registereduser is very nice and sent me my Nerite in the mail awhile back with just some insulation and a ziplock bag and it worked just fine :)

If its warm enough, you don't need heat packs. I'm really not sure about shipping but I know it goes by weight. If you've ever had a fish shipped to you, you'll know that they are shipped in very small bags with a small amount of water and roughly 3/4ths of the bag is just air trapped tightly. I usually pay about $6 for shipping.

I'm definitely interested if they hatch. I love my Nerite and need one for my sorority tank but the only place near here that sells them is an LFS about an hour away. :( I can't drive there on my own because I'll get lost and with my crazy school/work schedule and their early closing times, I don't ever have the time to get down there.
It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to ship them. It is pretty warm now, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

I definitely love my nerites. They're so efficient. I'll be keeping a few, I think. xD One for my siblings' fish, one for my baby, and I might keep some just to keep breeding them. If it all goes well, that is.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote