Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

Can LED's keep a Dwarf Grass and Java moss alive?

My husband has taken an interest in getting LED lights for new aquarium set up. Quite honestly I don't care for them from what I've seen so far. The ones I do have typical make my fish colors look "off'. He really seems determined to make this contribution. So far I have java moss and I plan to grow Dwarf Grass. I am also looking for some bulb plants to grow. Will the led's keep them going? He won't tell me any specifics about them just that they are very bright. That brightness will be no problem.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #2 
InfiniteGlory

There is a link in my signature about my experience with LED's in a 4 gallon tank. A few other members have joined on and share their information as well. Take a look and let us know if we can help.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #3 
DefStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
My husband has taken an interest in getting LED lights for new aquarium set up. Quite honestly I don't care for them from what I've seen so far. The ones I do have typical make my fish colors look "off'. He really seems determined to make this contribution. So far I have java moss and I plan to grow Dwarf Grass. I am also looking for some bulb plants to grow. Will the led's keep them going? He won't tell me any specifics about them just that they are very bright. That brightness will be no problem.
Get yourself a Finnex Fugeray-R. Or even just a Finnex Fugeray.

But be warned, you will start to creep into the realm of Medium PAR Lighting, and at that point it becomes a delicate balance to keep proper water conditions and ferts or algae will take over.

DHG can be grown in a low PAR environment, as long as it is not too low. Just will grow/spread slowly.
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote